Sunday, July 28, 2013

Which iPod speakers and headphones should I buy?

best speaker system with ipod dock
 on Grundig Stereo Speaker System with Dock for iPhone $69.95 delivered ...
best speaker system with ipod dock image



Alexandra


Do I have 200 dollars from Yule to spend, and I decided that what I want/need more than anything is a good pair of headphones, an an iPod dock or speaker system that I can bring to college next year. I would prefer a dock that charges and has remote control. I can't spend more than 200 dollars.


Answer
ihome works good

Volume level questions when hooking speakers up to laptop?




Distorted


I have a boss Ipod dock and just recently purchased the CableJive dockBoss cable. The cable plugs into the ipod dock and the other end is a headphone jack that i plug into my laptop.

My question is for the best sound quality (while protecting the speakers from blowing out) is it best to turn the laptop volume all the way up and adjust just the speaker systems volume? Or is it best to toggle with all 3 to find a median? Does it make any real difference on the pressure being put onto the speakers?

By 3 i mean the windows media/itunes volume + the computer volume + the ipod dock volume.
Right now I have the computer set to 90% volume, windows media player set to 70% volume (seems to change mainly the bass) and the dock speakers approx at 75% and some of the higher notes come out kind of strong. (mainly song intros with talking ect)
Oh realized I typed Boss lol, its Bose :)



Answer
With most sound chips, there's a point near the top of it's output range where the distortion begins to ramp up geometrically. That usually happens somewhere inside the top 10% or so of it's output. (In fact, it's that point where distortion ramps up sharply, and becomes excessive, which defines the upper limit of the chip's usable output range.)

So, to be reasonably certain you're getting a clean output off of a laptop sound chip (or an iPod, or a smart phone, or a tablet), I wouldn't turn it up past about 70% (or 80% if you urgently need the extra volume). It sounds like you're already doing that.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which iPod speakers and headphones should I buy?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment