Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Can I make the rear speakers in my surround sound system louder?




Lemon


I got a new system, and the people that owned the house before me had speakers on the back wall of my basement, so the wires were still run there. So I put up two of my speakers there, but they are further back than the front speakers and so i cant even hear them. Is there a way i can set up my system so the back speakers are louder? I have an lg. Also it was the last one off the shelf so it didnt come with a manual which is why i have no idea if its even possible.


Answer
Possibly. Most 5.1 systems have some kind of adjustment for the speakers to balance them. Your best bet is to get the manual from the LG website. If you do not know the model number you can find it on either the front of the receiver/dvd player part of the system, or on a small back plate near the serial number. I have included the link to the LG Support website below so you can get you manual and hopefully solve your sound problem. Be aware that rear speakers do not fire all the time and how often you hear them at all has much to do with the sound mix on your source material (dvds etc..) Hope that helps!

Help! 2003 VW Jetta Speakers/Sound System?




britcee


OKAY! Here's the situation hopefully someone can help!

1.) I appreciate help BUT PLEASE dont suggest I go to an audio shop, I dont have 100s to pay them for installation, alone.

Ok, so when I bought my 2003 VW Jetta Sedan 2.0L
the speakers were already broken, the only working speaker was (and still is) the driver side tweeter.

The previous owners "don't know what happened."

So OCCASIONALLY if I am driving on the highway and hit 80ish some of the speakers randomly will come on but they sound blown from what noise they do make, after a little while they just shut back off..

My questions are, HOW CAN I FIX THIS?! I am tired of driving in slience. (is it just the wiring?)
HOW DO I KNOW IF THEY ARE BLOWN?
WHAT would I need to replace my sound system?
-A new head set?
-Speakers
- Special wiring
- After Market Radio Harness


I have been wanting to try and just replace the speakers, but I was told that, they would work for a little while, and just get blown out (again. if thats what the problem is now) - The guy at the store was trying to sell me 110 things (exaggeration of course....)

And I was told my AMP would cause them to blow..... So if I were to just replace the speakers
is there a way I could bypass the AMP?

Hopefully I can get somewhere with this, I've been doing research on sites
But I dont feel like I can find anything that, makes me feel comfortable in this project I am trying to accomplish.

THank you for your help! :)



Answer
So you have also an amplifier installed if I understand correctly and the seller measured amp's output and found it faulty or he understood it so powerful that it'll certainly burn standard speakers?
Anyway until you make this investigation let's stick on existing speakers: 99.9% of dead speaker cases, "self healing" is not a normal procedure. I'd suspect either corroded terminals (probably on speakers side but check also on crossovers and amp) or cut wires (check also the small wires from speaker's terminal to speaker cone).
If still no progress I'd suggest you got a cheap used car speaker or old tv speaker, connect some wire extensions to its terminals, turn on your headunit at reasonable volume and start trying the various terminals in order to locate the faulty point(s) (starting from speaker terminals and then amps terminals and h/u output).
If I had to make a prediction I'd say that you'll end up replacing some of the speakers and not wiring or head unit etc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I make the rear speakers in my surround sound system louder?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment