Wednesday, July 31, 2013

How do wireless speakers work, specifically?

best wireless speaker system home theater
 on Speaker Systems
best wireless speaker system home theater image



MoNKey


I have had a home theater system for years and I recently passed by a store and saw some really nice wireless speakers. Now I'm interested in having some. However, I don't just want to throw mine away, I'm curious about tinkering with the ones I have and making them wireless. Where do I start?


Answer
You need to buy a wireless transmitter that connects to your source and two wireless receivers - Plenty of options.

What is the best home theater system to get with a budget of 500$?




Paul


Im looking for a home theater system for my tv and that would work with my ipod for $500. I also need wireless rear speakers. So what is the best home theater system to get for $500 and has wireless rear speakers and also works with an ipod or mp3 player. Please answer and thankyou


Answer
There are a few really crappy 'box' systems that have a wireless rear speaker feature.

But in general the wireless systems have to include a lot more electronics, amps, power cords (one power cord, 1 power supply, 1 amp and 1 RF receiver per rear speaker).

Your $500 budget is pretty low even for a low-end wired system.

And when you say 'work with my ipod' - this can mean 2 different levels:

* Receiver has left/right RCA jacks that you can plug into the headphone jack on your ipod to play music
* Receiver has an iPod dock that lets the receiver control the iPod

Most receivers support the first option.

The second option is usually a $125 additional purchase for the 'dock' - a huge percentage of your $500 budget.

WARNING

You will find some tech-looking box systems with a DVD/BluRay drive built into a skinny 'receiver' for $299 and up.

I strongly urge you to avoid these systems.

We get 20+ posters per week here with these systems and asking how to do more than just play disks or swap speakers/parts. We then have to tell them they cannot.

Go to amazon and search for "Onkyo Home Theater" and you will find some budget-but-better systems.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do wireless speakers work, specifically?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment