Wednesday, July 31, 2013

How do I set up an integrated speaker system in my home?

speaker system ceiling
 on In-Ceiling Speakers - These speakers not only sound great, but are out ...
speaker system ceiling image



Cosmic Tac


On the ceiling of my living room there is a series of round, flat speakers about a foot in diameter as well as a knob by the light switches which make up some sort of integrated speaker system (or so I guess). I've no idea how to set them up or use them. What sort of outlets or cables should I be looking for to make use of this sort of system?


Answer
You are going to need a receiver to connect to the speakers already in the ceiling. You will need to find the location of the speaker wire or outlet and see what they provide for the connection. It could be RCA jacks color coded in Red and White (Red being the positive and White being the negative) and then match that with the speaker terminal of your receiver. Hope this will help you out.

Does a built in home theater system add much resale value to condo or home?




William S


I want to install a 7.1 channel speaker system in my condo. This would include 7 speakers mounted in the ceiling and a flat screen tv mounted on the wall. I want to know if this will increase the resale value of my condo very much in the midwest. Will the resale value increase the same or more than the amount I put into the system?


Answer
In this dismal market, I would have to agree with lahn. It may not help much at appraisal time, but when there's 5 houses on your block for sale, and you have a nice theater, you have a leg up on the others. You might get a higher offer, you might be more likely to sell.

We completed a home automation system for a client that wanted to sell last spring. There were 12 homes for sale in their neighborhood the day they put theirs on the market. Two days later they had a decent offer and 3 days after that, they opened escrow. All the houses were nice, several had pools, only one was automated.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I set up an integrated speaker system in my home?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment