Friday, August 23, 2013

Advise on which headphones and speakers to buy?

best speaker system for college
 on This walkthrough shows how to bootstrap an otherwise unadorned Apple ...
best speaker system for college image



Alexandra


Do I have 200 dollars from Yule to spend, and I decided that what I want/need more than anything is a good pair of headphones, an an iPod dock or speaker system that I can bring to college next year. I would prefer a dock that charges and has remote control. I can't spend more than 200 dollars.


Answer
http://www.ihomeaudio.com/iP23GX/

^^^ The cheapest decent docking station with speakers I could find. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a remote, is that a deal breaker for you?



However, in the headphone department, I recomend the K 142 HD headphones from AKG.

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-K142HD-Definition-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B0028N78HA


18-24k frequency response which can suit all types of music, semi-open design - great acoustics, deep/clean sound, and virtually no distortion whatsoever.

At $100, these headphones are a fantastic deal; if you're not a fan of the semi-open design, check out headphones of similar prices from Audio Technica, (other AKG's), Sennheiser, Grado, etc.


(I left you about 40 bucks of wiggle room incase you didn't like one of the items)




Best of Luck
-Dave

Speakers for college dorm room a good idea?




gorilla


I like to listen to quality music, and usually the best way to do that is through good speakers with a sub woofer. My laptop speakers are ok, but they're not as good as getting a separate speaker system. However, I know that when I am in my dorm room, I will not be able to play music very loud due to roommate, neighbors, etc. So I am wondering if it would be worth it/ a good idea to get speakers. I found nice ones for $40 that are pretty compact as well.


Answer
Not only your roommate, but your neighbors are going to be very irritated with you if you use them. I agree with the other poster; if you want some harmony with your neighbors and roommates, then get some headphones. They will definitely appreciate it. The walls in dorms seem to be paper thin, and, when you're studying or sleeping, noise like that is very annoying. Once you get a house or apartment, that would be a totally different story (depending on the apartment, I guess), but I think it will really be worth it to be kind to people in your dorm. Plus, the RA can write you up if it's too loud.

I made lifelong friends in my dorm, and I hope you do, too! Good luck in college this fall!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Advise on which headphones and speakers to buy?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment