Friday, June 6, 2014

Which is the most effective to hook up my speaker system to.... HD TV or Xbox 360 and why?




ltbenns





Answer
The most effective way to set up your 360 would be to use the hd video cables that came with the 360 to hook it up to the tv. Then buy an additional optical cable (can buy for anywhere between $10 - $20) to hook up the audio to your speaker system. The optical output on the 360 is on the connector between the cables the 360 came with and the unit itself.


The reasons are-

1) your HD tv is designed to give the best picture it can. It is a specialized piece of video equipment with aditional speakers attached to it. Your sound system is designed to give the best audio it can. Use both of these components to the best of their abilities. Dont use one to pass through the other.

(2) you need the optical cable to deliver digital sound to your speakers receivers. The cables that come with the 360 only deliver analog sound. If you have a digital connection, you can get true Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. If you use the analog cables you only get a simulated Dolby Pro Logic II surround sound. (the difference is clearly noticable with games like gears of war)


i hope you take my advice. Enjoy!

Need a new speaker system for Xbox 360 and Computer...any suggestions?




troubled


Mine recently died and I'm looking for a new one. The one I have in my living room is nice, and is a 5.1 system with RCA connections to connect items to it, but I can't seem to find one like that anywhere. All of them seem to use 3.5mm jacks instead, and though that would work, my PC only has onboard audio, and I hate to pay for a 5.1 system and only be able to use the front speakers. Also, all of those seem to only have one connection, and I used to hate having to unplug my computer and plug in my Xbox, and vice versa, everytime I switched between the two. Anyway, I would like to find one that's like the one in my living room. A 5.1 system, with two or more RCA inputs instead of 3.5mm inputs. Thanks!


Answer
It really depends on how much you want to spend. You could go with an actual home theater system with big speakers that could cost $1,000's or HTIB that's under $1,000. You could also go with any of the Logitech HT PC speakers and use their game system adapter that converts the 3.5mm to RCA plugs. All the 3.5mm plus do is carry two sound channels which the converter then splits into individual RCA jacks.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which is the most effective to hook up my speaker system to.... HD TV or Xbox 360 and why?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment