Tuesday, June 3, 2014

can i use different model # speakers for home theater receiver? (Samsung)?




Stephen Wo


I have a Samsung HT-Z310 5.1 CH Home Theater System. The other day one of the speakers(rear left) fell to the ground, and now the sound from that speaker is static-y. There is still sound coming from it but all the static messes up the surround sound of my system. Stores don't sell this exact product anymore. I called samsung and they want me to order a replacement speaker since its out of warranty; they want $65 for 1 speaker. My only other idea is to buy replacement speakers from ebay. The only ebay samsung home theater speakers i see on there are of the Samsung HT-Z320 system. can i buy the speakers from the HT-Z320 system and set them up with my HT-Z310 system(receiver)? Both systems are 1000W systems.

Also, if I can, would it be better just replacing the broken speaker with 1 of the Z320 speakers, or replacing all 5 speakers with all 5 new Z320 speakers? please help me thanks



Answer
You should probably replace the right and left rear speakers together, that would be the safest and easiest thing to do for good sound..if you think the new speakers have better sound then you would want to replace all 5...

Why does the Mute come on when I turn on my Home theater system?




marinedog8


I have a samsung home theater system ( HT-Z320 ) and for some reason when I turn it on and put a dvd in the mute comes on and the surround sound doesnt come on until I turn it off and then back on again. Is there something that keeps shutting if off?


Answer
You may have a speaker shorted - the system would shut down right away if that were true. Check every speaker wire connection at the speakers and at the home theater receiver. There may be a loose wire that is shorting across to the other wire.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: can i use different model # speakers for home theater receiver? (Samsung)?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment