Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Wall mounted speakers for small restaurant? Wall mounted or very small receiver?







Looking in to buying a speaker system for music in a 400-500 sq. ft. restaurant front. Most custom restaurant systems are way too powerful and large for the room. I am considering running a home audio system but there's something a little tacky about that.

So, are there wall mounted speaker systems that don't require a subwoofer? That cover a wide spectrum of sound but don't need any extra punch? We don't need to crank the music and want to be space efficient.

Is there such an item as a cool looking wall mounted receiver? And how small do receiver systems get now? I've been out of the audio loop for a for a while.

Will run music with AirPlay on iPad. Need system to be as wireless as possible. Thanks!

(is this tl;dr material here? new to answers)



Answer
I own a restaurant, first thing you want to avoid is wireless. Why? Good question. Unless your router or internet connection can stay connected and work 100% 24/7 without need of reboot, okay then that's fine. But as we all know, these things need to be rebooted now and then and that will interrupt your service. It's just bad and embarrassing to have music stop in the middle of a song. Depending on how many speakers you want, best thing is just use in-wall ceiling speakers to have a more integrated look. Receiver can be hidden almost anywhere.

The truth is any plain speaker is fine. No one will notice how bad your stereo sounds or even how it looks. Well maybe if you have a fine dining restaurant then you want something more elegant and hidden, but most people will not care or even comment, except for what's on your playlist.

If full size sound is what you want, you really can't deny physics. Small speakers definitely will not provide that without a subwoofer. If in-wall ceiling speakers is out of the question, and bookshelf speakers is too large..Just off the top of my head, perhaps you can get a small set of PC speakers that uses a power outlet for power and just hook up the 3.5m directly to your iPad / Airplay? Then you won't need receiver.

In my restaurant I use 2 cheap outdoor-like speakers I cant even remember the brand. But they hook onto the wall with supplied brackets, hooked up through a old Onkyo integrated amp, playing through a ipod touch. Hope this info helps!

What are Good speakers for iPad and iPhone?




JLG


I want good speakers I can play my music and iheart radio on. I have a iPad and iPhone I will probably use my iPad more because it has more space on it for my music. Do you know of any good high quality speakers for Less that 100$. Thanks


Answer
I have been using the iMainGo XP for iPad and love it! There is also the iMainGo X and iMainGo 2, which are for iPod/iPhone/iTouch, etc. All of them are a solid speaker system with big sound, and protect your device. I love the duality of having a case that is also a speaker system. I work with them and their products are pretty impressive out of all the speaker systems I've used. The speakers are versatile and work with many other products, including Kindle, notebooks and portable gaming devices (you can even plug in a guitar!).

Check it out on Amazon: http://amzn.to/ritvtj (where you can also read the reviews).

GOOD LUCK!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Wall mounted speakers for small restaurant? Wall mounted or very small receiver?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment