Saturday, June 7, 2014

USB speaker system not working?




Zach Davis


Hello,

I recently built my own computer (first time). The motherboard has a built in sound card on it. So I have headphones that plug into a jack in the front of the computer. That jack has an audio chord that I plugged directly onto my motherboard. The headphones work fine, and so does my mic (also plugged into a jack on the front. When I plug my speakers into a USB port on the back (directly connected to motherboard), or into the USB port on the front (next to the audio jacks), I can't get the speakers to work. It registers that something is plugged into the usb, the speakers have power, and even after switching the primary audio device to the device in the USB, it won't work. Can someone give me some guidance? Is there a driver I need for the motherboard, or the built in sound card? Any help would be greatly appreciated.



Answer
USB speakers actually have "sound card" built in, so they are not using your motherboard's soundcard. You need to download and install driver for your speakers if Windows doesn't detect them properly. But if your speakers have Audio In port you can just connect them to your motherboards audio out jack, bypassing whole USB audio portion altogether.

microphone+speaker system question.?




A7xmaggot6


well i gotta old speaker system (10-12 yrs old) that was top of the line back then, is it possible to plug in modern mics into that? or are there special speakers for mics, or is too old?


Answer
Nothing special. A speaker is pretty much a speaker. You don't need to match mics and speakers. You do, of course, need an amplifier between the mic and speakers. :-)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: USB speaker system not working?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment