Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Help with PC mic?




The Keeper


Hey i just got a new microphone from someone and i plugged it in but it just wont work.

It only has 1 cable (not USB or anything just an audio cable) and NO on/off switches or anything.

I plugged it it and...no sound comes from it

anyone know whats wrong? like i said it doesnt plug in via USB, its just a pink audio cable which is plugged in securely



Answer
first ensure you have enable mic.

double click speaker icon (at system tray) near system time, select options>advance> there are 2 option playback & recording...in both, tick "mic", press okay.

Now adjust volume level of mic, ensure it is not mute.

to test goto start> programs/all programs> accessories> entertainment> sound recorder..press record button and see if signal is coming...

PS:- Once i had a problem - 2 mic connection, it had 1 infront of computer(off) and other at back side (on , by default). I had to click on my sound card program to check options and it had option for enabling front mic connection.. it solve my problem. Check if your sound program have some option related to mic.

USB speaker system not working?




Zach Davis


Hello,

I recently built my own computer (first time). The motherboard has a built in sound card on it. So I have headphones that plug into a jack in the front of the computer. That jack has an audio chord that I plugged directly onto my motherboard. The headphones work fine, and so does my mic (also plugged into a jack on the front. When I plug my speakers into a USB port on the back (directly connected to motherboard), or into the USB port on the front (next to the audio jacks), I can't get the speakers to work. It registers that something is plugged into the usb, the speakers have power, and even after switching the primary audio device to the device in the USB, it won't work. Can someone give me some guidance? Is there a driver I need for the motherboard, or the built in sound card? Any help would be greatly appreciated.



Answer
USB speakers actually have "sound card" built in, so they are not using your motherboard's soundcard. You need to download and install driver for your speakers if Windows doesn't detect them properly. But if your speakers have Audio In port you can just connect them to your motherboards audio out jack, bypassing whole USB audio portion altogether.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help with PC mic?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment