Friday, June 6, 2014

outdoor speaker/radio system?




CopperKett


im looking for a radio system to put by riding ring where i ride my horses.
we just want a radio that we could keep either in the barn or near the ring and have speakers set up by the ring so that we could listen to the radio while riding.
ive seen this before where people have the radio in their house and the speakers are like outside on teh patio or something.
i was just wondering how i could do this and approx. what the price would be.
thanks for your help!



Answer
There are alot of wireless speakers on the market. I'm sure you can find them on e bay , radio shack , Best buy ect... I have them and they are great !!!! Didn't have to run wires and can move them around whenever I need to. Can take to parties ,camping...... They even have them disguised as rocks. I think I paid around $80. Mine run off my Ipod which gives me radio and my personal music collection.

Where can i get cheap DJ speakers?




firstrom20


My friend and i are DJs. were planning to start in the summer. we have everything but the speakers. we dont have a lot of money.


Answer
Hello,

When it comes to buying your first DJ speakers, there are a few things to keep in mind:

Budget. Of course, this is the bottom line. If you only have, say, $200 to spend, your choices will be a lot less than if you had $1000. That said, pro sound equipment is not cheap, and it may cost a little more to get started than you think. Really, I would say it would cost around 1000 bucks for a good, reliable starter system, but I know where you're coming from. When I was 13 years old, getting started, I didn't have much cash either. I have some ideas to help you get started DIRT CHEAP. Just read to the bottom.

Amplifier. You need an amp, too. When I started DJing, I thought I had skirted this issue when I used my home stereo receiver as an amp for a year or so... but, one night, at a crazy dance at my own high school (we're talkin' early 90's here) the receiver gave out (blew power transformer) in the middle of the dance. You need real amplification.

Size. Depending on the type of venues that you will play, you will have different needs as to the size of the speakers you need. In my career, I went from 15's to rock house parties and small dances to multiple 15's and 18" subwoofers to playing monsterous clubs where I didn't need any equipment to now using an ultra-portable system that sounds great in mid-sized bars. It all depends on what you want to do.

Transportation. Don't laugh; your choice of speakers must match with your transportation. If you have a big, covered truck, you can haul almost anything, but if your largest covered transportation is a sedan, you will need to have smaller, more portable speakers. (Smaller and more portable does not mean that they won't sound as good, really it means that they will cost more.) Also, make sure you are buying speakers that will fit in your largest covered transportation. An open truck bed works great, but you will be kicking yourself when you have your first gig on a rainy day and your thumpers won't fit in your mama's Camry. Trust me, I learned that the hard way.

Now, having said that, I'm going to answer your question with a few assumptions. I'm assuming that you want to spend the least amount of money possible and you need a versatile basic pair of 2-way 15's. These will be suitable for most events, they are rather portable, they look cool, and they sound pretty good. I'm also assuming that you know that this system will only serve as a starter, and you will need to save cash to add on to it very soon.

Option #1: Radio Shack 15's. Don't laugh, I started with the old generation RS 15's back in the days. They had great frequency response, which is very important when you only have one pair of speakers, no subs. You want something that plays down to 30hz. The $85 RS speakers will, and you can buy a decent amp there for $200 (model 32-2055). So $170 for the speakers and $200 for the amp. Not gonna get much more affordable than that.

Option #2: Hit up www.sixstardj.com and buy a cheap system. Here's one http://www.sixstardj.com/madjsopak.html . I know nothing of Marathon equipment, but for $300 you can get 2 15's, an amp, and speaker cables. If you don't need an amp, you can buy the speakers alone. Another brand to check out on the sixstar website is Gemini. The've got some cheap speakers, but not as cheap as Marathons.

Option #3: Go ghetto. If you live in a place with ghetto car stereo shops or flea markets, go into those places and ask if they can get you a deal on some DJ speakers. The ghetto shops usually have the hook-up on generic imported speakers that look like pro speakers. They will blow out quick, but if you can get one or two gigs out of them, you can buy something better. Generally, watch out for generic imported "pro" speakers. If you do buy them, expect them to junk out on you.

Option #4: Go with something smaller than 15". On the sixstardj.com website, you can buy P.A. speakers down to 8" by some brands, including Gemini. I don't recommend anything smaller than 12" for stand alone, but if you had a subwoofer, 8" mains would be fine. Also, maybe you can do a few summer parties with tens and save up your money. Just know that you need 15's rated down to 40 or 30 hz to hear any bass in a loud room. Even my Yamaha dual 15's only go down to 55hz, and they are useless for music without a subwoofer.

Option #5: Check Craig's list, eBay, Amazon.com, and local classifieds for a good deal on a pair of 15's. I doubt if you'll get a really good pair cheap this way, but you may find options. For example, this eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/OnlyFactoryDirect_Pro-Audio-Speakers_W0QQfsubZ2 has a bunch of cheapo generic pa speakers. Remember my warning from option #3!!!!

Option #6: Skirt the amp issue. You can press your luck with a home stereo receiver or a low-powered pyramid amp from www.partsexpress.com or Radio Shack. Bring an oscillating fan from home to keep it cool and c




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: outdoor speaker/radio system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment