Thursday, April 3, 2014

What 3-piece computer speaker system should i get?

Q. I want to pay around 50$-60$. I want a system with a sub-woofer and two other speakers to put on my desk. I was thinking the Logitech Z313..are thy good??? My friend has the Logitech Z4 and i was wondering what the sound was compared to the Z4's???


Answer
I have the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 system on my computer in the office and I absolutely love them.

It may be tough to get them for your price but if you are lucky on eBay or Craigslist you might.

They are worth the extra cost.

Klipsch - ProMedia 2.1 Speaker System (3-Piece) Question about upgrading subwoofer?




Jason


I have this set of 2.1 speakers but I am interested in replacing the sub because I think it actually sucks, but the speakers with it are awesome actually. I dont know what the plug is that the little speakers plug into on the sub but I was hoping somebody could tell me so I could know what subs I could look for to replace this one and keep the speakers that came with it. It's a six pin round type of plug.


Answer
I have the ProMedia GMX speakers and my subwoofer actually has a subwoofer output so I connected an 8" Boston Acoustic powered sub to it and it rocks in my little bedroom.

You will not be able to replace the subwoofer completely since it contains the amplifiers for the satellite speakers. But look to see if yours has the same subwoofer output. If so, then you can also add a better subwoofer of your choosing.

As for subwoofers, I would start by checking craigslist. No shame in buying used. If you have no luck or simply want to buy a new, economical sub, I would recommend looking into a Dayton sub. If you are using it in a small room, you could probably get away with an 8" like this one for less then $100.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-631

If you are using it in a larger room, you can get this 10" for a little more than $100.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-633




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What 3-piece computer speaker system should i get?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment