Wednesday, April 2, 2014

klipsch or definitive technology?




popemidi


im putting together a 7.1 system that includes a onkyo sr605 receiver 50" samsung dlp samsung bluray... which of these speakers do you think is better?


Answer
KLIPSCH!!!! hands down go with klipsch. If you dont care about having big floor speakers go with a pair of the f-3's for the front and b-3's for the back and maybe b-2's or something else smaller for the surround back. For a sub get the klipsch 10" or 12". If you are thinking you dont want big bulky speakers go with the Quintet SL or the Quintet III system with either one of those subs and you will not be disappointed I promise.

Should I buy the Klipsch Quintet III or the Polk RM 75/85?




DSM


After a bit of reading, I kind of narrowed down to Klipsch Quintet III or the Polk RM 75/85's. Before I make a purchase, I deftly want to hear them out and I am just not able to find a audio store where I can do this in Houston.

Both of these have good reviews and I am really not sure which one of these should I buy...What would be your option? I have a Pioneer 21TXH.

Which store in Houston can i go and hear them out and which speakers among these would you go for or are there any better ones out there ( $500 - $600).

Thx.
I am visiting US and plan to take back home just 5.0 speaker system rather than 5.1. I intend to buy the Sub back home.



Answer
I like Lances suggestions. I knew that Klipsch bought them out, but I didn't realize how cheap they were right now.

However, I would like to point out that the most inefficient part of any sound system is the speaker itself. Only about 2% of the energy put into a speaker actually produces noise. The rest produces heat. So the speakers are the aspect of your sound system that you should really be concerned with more than any other. A really nice receiver with crappy speakers will always sound crappy. Personally, any time I look for a sound system (receiver and speakers), I plan on spending no more than 25% of my budget on the receiver. The rest goes into speaker. Buying speakers that are cheaper than your receiver is like putting go-cart tires on a Ferrari. Nice engine, but you will get crappy performance in the end.

These are at the top end of your budget, but I think you will find that they are a beautiful sounding set of speakers for the price.
http://www.wwstereo.com/website/ecommerce/productdetail.aspx?product=S506HCS3SYSTEM
Still, you may want to consider something a little more high end and get the most out of your receiver.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: klipsch or definitive technology?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment