Saturday, April 5, 2014

I need help buying Surround sound speakers




saiyancj2


See I am looking for a surround sound system that can work with BOTH my computer desktop AND my hdtv, maybe even my playstation3 since it uses optical audio cable and all. I found 1 system that seemed heavenly made but I feel its a scam and I dont want to risk it with my credit card. link is: http://www.comsiscomputer.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=100
the system I want more or less is a 5.1 true surround sound, not virtual. for around $150 because I need to budget myself this month. Is it possible to get something really satisfying at that price that can work with computers and a tv?



Answer
No, not really, for two reasons:
1) Speakers that are meant to deliver the best in home audio sound need to be connected to a receiver.
2) Speakers that don't need a receiver, are, in effect, inferior in sound, because speakers that don't need an amp (Which is contained i9n a receiver) cannot fully reproduce very good quality sound.
The sad thing is that a decent HT system can be had for around $400: J&R has a nifty Polk audio set, the 6750, list price of $600, selling for $200. A good HT receiver can be had from amazon.com for under $200.
Then, you can hook a computer's audio out into an input on the HT system, and get far better sound from both the computer and other HT media sources, such as DVD players.

Please recommend a low-cost surround sound system for our TV...?




The Truth


I want one that has a subwoofer and TWO speakers. Not four, not five, not six, but TWO. I don't want speakers all over the friggin' room. Thanks!


Answer
Then you don't want true surround sound. You want virtual (not nearly as good but you might like it). Two that you can try are
Philips SoundBar HTS8100 (around $600)
Cambridge SoundWorks SurroundWorks 200 ($1,000)

Neither sounds great but for the price they aren't horrible. There are better ones in the $1500 range but even those aren't as good as real surround.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need help buying Surround sound speakers
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment