Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Adding a powered subwoofer to my computer speaker system.?




Ethan R


I have logitech z - 5500 5.1 speakers and I'm wondering if there is ANY way to add a woofer, and im ok with removing a satilite if it is the only way to add another woofer


Answer
In a surround sound system..[[the .1]]..describes the sub-woofer..
===
For instance--a 5.1 surround sound system..is Stereo[[L&R]]
Front[[L&R]]
Center[[Voice]]...making [[5]]
The point-1 is a sub-woofer..
===
I use a JVC Amplifier..[[5.1]]..it has both..Analog-->>Digital..and Digital-->>Digital/plus Fiber Optic sound/
I use a RCA(60-watt)Sub-woofer/and its Signal-IN wire..NOT..the attached..SPKR-wires..<<--which require more power..to operate..
The Signal-IN wire fires off the sub-woofer(digitally)..
If you look on the REAR-panel of a Sub-woofer you will see..2-types of Hook-Ups..plain 'ol SPKR wire connections..and then 2-RCA connectors..useing the LEFT(only)RCA-connector is the digital-IN/connection..
===
You end your question asking about adding a second Sub-woofer..
I own 2-sub-woofers..but really--one is plenty..
I use the 60-watt..because the 80-watt is just more..not really necessary..
At times these cars drive by with all kinds of BASS-running..I think it sounds like[[crap]]..
If I find a 40-watt sub-woofer I might remove my 60-watt..//
My 80-watt is a KLH/the 60-watt a RCA..and has been running since 2000/the KLH I've used a couple of times..but it came with some satelite SPKRS I got fro a steal..my satelites are all 100-watt..and I use 12-inch woofers for my Surround Sound/which also are 100-watt(RMS)SPKRS..all 8-ohm..
===
Hope that explains some things../[end]

Is there ANY computer speaker system with a bigger subwoofer?! Z-2300?




SoupSoup


I have had the 2300 for over 2 years now and it is AWESOME. I cannot simply imagine a system having a more powerful bass.

For reference I have been searching trying to find one, is there one? Or at 120rms is the 2300 the most powerful computer speaker subwoofer there is!?
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/231&cl=us,en

Thats the set, the infamous Logitech Z-2300.



Answer
Creative has a 7.1 system, called Gigaworks, which features a 130 watt RMS subwoofer (8" long throw, ported subwoofer).

One could, also, easily rig a system using car audio components. You would need a computer power supply (to power the amplifier), your subs, and a box. Using this setup, you could easily have a 400 watt RMS sub stage for your computer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Adding a powered subwoofer to my computer speaker system.?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment