Sunday, March 30, 2014

Will a 5.1 surround sound speaker system work on my computer?




jmgearhead


I want to get 5.1 speakers such as these.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121006
But I heard that having 5.1 audio requires a good sound card. So I am wondering if my computer and it's sound card will be able to handle it and also if I will need to reconfigure Windows and/or BIOS, or anything like that. Please fill me in if you can.

My computer:

Dell Inspiron 531

Sound CARD: Realtek High Definition Audio
AMD Athlon 63 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+ 1.91 GHz
2 GB RAM
Video Card: NVIDEA GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB



Answer
I should be fine. As long as the Realtek will output 5.1, you should be good to go. You can check by looking at the sound card options in your control panel. Make sure 5.1 is available. Then, look at the back of the computer and make sure your sound card has the Green, Black and Orange connectors. These are the normal colorings for Analog Multi-Chanel output by PC's

Computer speakers???

Q. what ones should i get i want them to have VERY good and loud boomy bass preferably surround sound VERY LOUD!!!!!!!!!


Answer
First of all, your sound card needs to support surround sound. Check the speaker ports in the back of your PC; if there are 3, then you can only do stereo. If there are six, then you can do 5.1 surround.

Any 5.1 surround PC speaker system will work just fine. Logitech makes good, reasonably priced ones.

If you have a laptop or your computer doesn't support it, you need to upgrade your sound card or get a new PC.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will a 5.1 surround sound speaker system work on my computer?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment