Saturday, February 8, 2014

which is the best wireless speakers home theater system?




kunal


There are a couple from sony and samsung. Are there any other options?


Answer
Hard to say which is best wireless. At the risk of stating the obvious, whichever one works. Not all wireless speakers work seamlessly. Some drop the signal, I haven't heard either Sony or Samsung being problematic in this way, but I don't know to tell you which one works better than the other as a wireless operation. I think the core to your question must be answered in this way, because if one sounds better than the other, but it drops signal then that it is never best. Sonos is an option. http://www.sonos.com/shop/

You will have to take the time to read the reviews and listen to the sound quality of what you are considering. I would not take for granted that a wireless speakers system is best. The advantage of wired home theaters system is that wireless has a better sound quality than wireless any day of the week. The beauty of wired is that you don't have to worry about interference due to other wireless signals in and around the home, like a wireless home phone, cell phone, microwave, wireless networks in a nearby apartment or home and so forth.

I would Samsung is the better brand of the two for what you are looking to do. I hope this helps.

Best.

Multi Room Audio System - WHAT RECEIVER?




Bill


I am building a new home and paid for the option to have multi-room audio system installed since my builder wouldn't allow me to do any pre-wiring myself. With that being said, I am looking to explain the system/speakers that are installed in the house already, and then try to figure out what receiver I need to use to power the system based on my needs....

THE SYSTEM already installed in the house: 5-room audio system, all terminating into the same location in the family room where the receiver will go. Each of the five rooms consists of an independent volume control that controls 2 in-ceiling speakers. Note - the family room where the wires are terminated (and note I may be mis-using "terminated" here) simply takes all the wires down to a simple audio plug in. By that I mean there isn't a bundle of speaker wires running to the family room, it is rather a simple plug in that will go to/from the receiver that I purchase to power the system. (may be red/white wires, I'm not sure as we haven't moved in yet)

MY NEED is to figure out what type of receiver/amp I will need to purchase - including specs for channels, power, etc. I should say that I don't need this system to be as powerful as a rock concert, but I do want good sound quality and definitely want to have enough power to be safe and not have to worry about my receiver burning up. I do NOT care about multiple zones though, I will actually plan on all speakers playing from the same source at all times. Another important note is that this will be pretty much for music only - not movies and theater style audio. Also a side note that may be worth me mentioning is that one of the 5 rooms in the existing system is outdoors so I wouldn't mind those having a little more power so they have the ability to have sound reach into the yard.

Could I please get some tips and advice on what type of receiver/amp I need to purchase to safely powe this system? I don't want to spend a fortune on a receiver and amp if I don't have to so please let me know. I consider myself to be very well educated on most electronics but AV receivers (especially for multi room audio) is just something I'm not too familiar with and it seems quite complicated. Any and all advice is VERY MUCH appreciated - thanks in advance!!!
ADDITIONAL INFO - THIS IS MY SYSTEM:

After thinking about your comments below, I searched for the system that I believe is being installed. I think it is this Lyric 4-room system but I added an additional room:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_717AU7400W/On-Q-lyriQ-Single-source-4-room-Audio-Kit.html?tp=8458&awkw=43180541305&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=15275354545&awdv=c#overview-tab

I'm 95% sure this is it, and it all runs to an "enclosure". It says that the volume control powers the speakers but I'm sure not very much wattage. Assuming this is the system installed, do I need any special receiver, or just a simple one that will allow me to choose my input (cd, ipod, etc.)? Should I consider power ratings and high quality receivers / amps to power this system? Any futher help is MUCH APPRECIATED!



Answer
You don't use a receiver for this, you're looking for a Whole House Audio system. There are a number of options... HTD offers inexpensive systems that use keypads in each room to control the system... http://www.htd.com/Products/Whole-House-Audio There are a number of similar systems in better more expensive brands but in this age of wireless you might rather opt for something like the Sonos system... http://www.sonos.com/system These will give you the option of having individual zones but if you are sure you are not interested in this you could use a single Sonos Zone player driving a multi channel amplifier.

You can't use a receiver to power numerous speakers other than by running it in "All Channel Stereo" mode. It would be better to just get a multi channel amplifier like the HTD... http://www.htd.com/Products/multi-channel-amplifiers/DMA-1240 With this and a single Sonos Zone player you can drive six pairs of speakers. The nice thing about the Sonos is that you control it from a Smart Phone or Pad. With this you would also have the option of adding additional zone players later so you could have different music in different rooms if you wanted to. The system I put in my house has eleven zones and it is nice to be able to put the source you want in the room you want.

As for outdoors, this is not as big an amplifier power issue as a speaker efficiency issue. For this you need bigger more efficient speakers more than you need more amplifier power. Keep in mind the Log scale of human hearing, you need 10 times more power just to seem like the level doubles, more efficient speakers is the better way to have louder outdoors.

mk




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: which is the best wireless speakers home theater system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment