Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I want to have a speaker system installed in my house and need advice..?




vixalle21


My house had an intercom system in each room, and outside on the patio, so I already have wiring in place. What I want to do it replace each intercom with a speaker so that when i turn on my stereo, i could hear the music through the whole house. Does anyone know how much this would cost? I was also wondering if i could connect the speaker system to my computer so that i could hear the songs i have saved on my computer. Is this possible? Does anyone have this and if so, can you tell me where you went to buy and how you like it? thanks


Answer
You can certainly do it.
Cost will depend on what quality of speaker you choose to replace your intercom.
You should expect to pay about $70 per speaker and you will probably have to replace the amplifier that is now powering the intercoms. That can cost about $500, plus labor.
You should contact a local installer of PA (Public Address) or Pro Audio equipment.
You can also go to manufacturers website for a receommendation.
i.e. Electro-Voice and Atlas are companies that make this type of speaker.
You can search their website for a dealer in your zip code to get someone in your area.

I have In wall speakers all over my house but no sound system. How can I find the correct sound system?




Nikki


The people who lived in this house before us took the sound system but there are still wires and speakers. Does anybody know how I can figure out how to get them to work?? :/


Answer
It depends on exactly what you have. Personally I like my HTD system. http://www.htd.com/Products/advanced;jsessionid=0a010b441f43c0b70e4886a7474a9556a6ea7dea562d.e3eSbNyQc3mLe34Pa38Ta38Nb350

You will need to sort out your wires etc if they are not labeled. If all the wires come together in a single location like a closet then you will need two people to sort the speaker wires. Use a AA batt to momentarily touch each speaker wire while someone goes around the house determining which speaker makes the thump sound. If you can get at to see the speaker rotate the batt until the cone moves forward when you touch the wires to the batt and then note the +/- on the batt. This tells you which speaker wire is plus and which is minus. Get them all labeled by room and left/right.

You also need control. Do you have keypads on the walls in each room or blank plates where keypads may have been? For the HTD system you will need a keypad in each room connected by a Cat-5 wire back to the central location. If you don't have that then something like the Sonos will be a better option. The Sonos is completely wireless. You will need a Sonos "bridge" connected to your PC and internet if you want access to music from those sources. It will then communicate wirelessly to multiple players all located at your central speaker wire location. You would just give each room a Sonos receiver. Their receivers are available with or without amplification so you could either go with the amplified ones or use the unamplified ones along with something like the HTD multi channel amplifiers. The Sonos will be controlled either by your PC, your i-phone, or a hand held controller from Sonos. With it you don't need the cat-5 wires to keypads in the rooms.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I want to have a speaker system installed in my house and need advice..?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment