Friday, January 3, 2014

What speakers (and microphone) are best to use with a laptop to dj?

speaker system for gymnasium
 on demonstrated-several-mp3-player-speaker-systems-for-babies-and-young ...
speaker system for gymnasium image



deaf terp


I will be dj'ing my friend's wedding with my laptop and mp3 songs. I have done some church dances before, but after spending $200 on speakers that I was told would cover the area (small gymnasium), we ended up having to place the p.a. system microphone near one of the speakers to hear the music over the crowd.

I can't invest a thousand bucks into speakers, but I would like to get some decent ones that will work with a computer. Help!



Answer
There's not much choice for you. To do it right, you'll need a PA system to cover sound in a hall. You'll need PA speakers, amplifier and mixer or even a combo unit if your on a very tight budget.. You can find packages available at a discount at most major music shops.

Here's some examples....

The bare minimum.. for small rooms...
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Nady-RPA-6-Portable-PA-System-630400-i1153412.gc

Much better, will fill a medium sized room & is expandable and not too expensive...
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringer-PMP2000-E1520-PA-Package-630214-i1368123.gc

What all do I need to project a movie in a rented gymnasium for my daughter's birthday party?




Jenni D


I would love info on how to set this up. I am not advanced in the Audio/Visual realm.


Answer
You need a projector, a projector screen and then something to play the movie - a dvd player or a laptop. Then you will also need some kind of speaker system.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What speakers (and microphone) are best to use with a laptop to dj?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment