Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Do I need a receiver for a Speaker system for my home theater system?

best speaker system reviews
 on Logitech Speaker System Z523 Review | Computer Speakers | CNET UK
best speaker system reviews image



Fernando


I was wondering what the receiver does and if I even need one if I were to buy some Polk Audio 5.1 speaker system.


Answer
Any speakers will require a power amplifier to be able to produce sound. Stand alone power amplifier are mainly left for the high end of the audio and are more expensive. Most consumers purchase a receiver, which has a power amplifier to drive the speakers along with other features like a AM and FM radio tuner and a pre amplifier so that you can connect other divice to the unit. This will depend on your personal budget on how much you want to spend for a receiver. Go online to Home Theater Magazine and read the reviews on receivers. You will notice that Onkyo and Pioneer are the top brand from the entry level to the high end. I personally use both Pioneer Elite and Onkyo receivers for well over 35 years and never had one issue. Hope this will help you out.

What is a good speaker system for a HDTV plasma?




arkiemom


I bought my husband a 42"plasma flat screen for Christmas. We are thinking about adding a wireless speaker system to enhance the sound. It is in an average size living room - so we don't want to be "blasted" by sound - just good sound for movies etc. We also don't want to spend more than $250. Any recommendations?


Answer
Nothing sounds better then a Bose. You are not likely to get "great" sound for $250. I could be wrong through. However Bose does offer a small home theater system that will give you great sound with out be "blasted" by it. It is $499 however Bose offers a interest free payment plan. They take out a monthly charge to your credit card automatically with out charging you interest for 12 mos making it more affordable! I provided a link below if you want to check it out. I have also included a link to reviews of the best home theaters it also talks about less expensive models this may also help you out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do I need a receiver for a Speaker system for my home theater system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment