Monday, December 30, 2013

Google Nexus 7 vs. Amazon Kindle Fire HD?

speaker system for kindle fire
 on Accessories Kindle Covermobileread Forums - kindle fire review
speaker system for kindle fire image



Tasha


Okay. I'm looking to get a tablet to use for school mostly (taking notes, studying...) , maybe a few games to play here and there. I've narrowed it down between these two: the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD. Since they are the same price for the one I want, I'm just curious to what those of you have experience with these devices think about them. I have a MacBook pro, also, and am curious about any connectivity I could have between the devices as well (Bluetooth I'm aware of so far). I do not want an iPad mini because of the price and plus I prefer the Android system for mobile devices than iOS.


Answer
Kindle Fire HD is more consumer friendly and is great for watching movies with the fun features like dual WiFi antenna for faster downloading speed and streaming and digital dolby audio speakers with awesome sound quality and the HDMI out makes it possible to have the output on bigger screen.

Nexus 7 on the other hand is the one with more power and has the built-in google play store. Whereas on Kindle Fire HD you can side-load apps from google play store. Otherwise it does have its own app store with over 90k apps by now.

Comments on Kindle Fire HD vs Nexus 7 - Would definitely be helpful on this decision:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3A3H5EX8ZP34B/?_encoding=UTF8&ASIN=B0083PWAPW&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&nodeID=&tag=cogfa-20

Ipad? Galaxy Tablet? I don't know which to choose from. Please read if you know a lot about these.?




Rebecca


I want to get some kind of tablet soon. I don't know what the differences are of an Ipad and tablets. In fact I know nothing. I heard about the Kindle Fire, but I don't really read on a tablet. I like actually books so I don't really want something like that. I want something where I can connect wifi to it. It doesn't have to have 3g or whatever already on it. I want to be able to download apps just like on a smartphone. I want to be able to take pictures. A camera on the front and back. Like to have music. I've also looked at the galaxy tablet. A friend of mine has it and he let me play with it for a bit. And I really like it..I kinda want to know the difference between an Ipad and that. The ups and downs of both. Kinda want an expert opinion. Not just "You have one and you like it because..." If you really know technical stuff about these things I want to know. I want to get the best one for me as possible. If you have a suggestion of a type I should get let me know about it. Let me know about the ones that have more then one type (ex. Ipad, Ipad2) I want to know the difference. and I want to know which one is the best based on what I want to be able to do on it. There is a lot of different types. And any info will be appreciated


Answer
iPad Pro:
1. The Apple store has more apps available.
2. Apple products get software updates for several years. Few Android products are supported this way. These Android tablets tend to be the pricier ones.
3. Since the iPads are the most popular two tablets, if you want accessories for it like screen protectors, cases, and speakers they're more available and sometimes cheaper.

Android Pros:
1. More options. There are many Android tablets and the pricier ones tend to come with some perk the iPads lack. Some examples are: microSD card slot, replaceable battery, bigger screen size, bigger screen resolution, faster hardware, etc.
2. With an iPad, it's difficult to install programs that aren't in the Apple Store (google "Jailbreaking" if you're curious). With Android it's simple.
3. Android tablets (and phones) use a standardized mini usb charger. If your friend has an Android phone or table he/she can lend you their charger. Apple products have several types of chargers so borrowing chargers is not as likely.
4. A minor one, but Android tablets come in a wider variety of shapes and colors.

From the sound of things, you should be fine with either tablets. I've personally found both user interfaces to be equally decent. You might be happier with the iPad since you'll probably end up installing a variety of apps on your tablet and the iPad has a greater variety in that regard. Then again, since your needs are fairly basic, you could be satisfied with a cheap or midranged Android tablet.

Minor notes:
Jailbreaking and Rooting are two different things. To use an analogy, Jailbreaking is like getting permission to enter a person's front lawn, and Rooting is like getting permission to enter the person's entire property. The latter lets you do a lot more with the system.

The iPad doesn't have faster internet... Sorry zoe. But to be fair, cheap Android tablets may get a less wireless bars due to inferior hardware.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Google Nexus 7 vs. Amazon Kindle Fire HD?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment