Sunday, February 23, 2014

What kind of speaker system should i get?




Daniel


Got a weddin comin up in over a year instead of hiring a DJ i think itll be easier to just buy a speaker system ourselves cause we can use them later on. but im not big on knowledge of what is needed to do something like this. it doesnt have to be loud loud. enough so the whole park can hear it though. maybe max 200 people there talking laughing playing. so what do you recommend and what kind of gear would i need? links will be a great help. there isnt much of a spending limit. but no more than 1500 would be nice. this is mainly for reception. so links and gear needed.


Answer
You can do it for less than $1500 USD,

You will need a mic, mixer and two powered speakers with stands.

Mic:

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-XM8500-Dynamic-Microphone-Cardioid/dp/B0002KZAKS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292091671&sr=8-1

Mixer:

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-802-Premium-8-Input-Preamps/dp/B000J5XS3C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1292091737&sr=1-1

Speakers:

http://www.amazon.com/Mackie-TH-15A-Powered-Loudspeaker-Speaker/dp/B003552MGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1292091772&sr=1-1

Stands:

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PSTK103-Aluminum-Speaker-Stands/dp/B0037GXRHM/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1292091802&sr=1-3

Mic cables:

http://www.amazon.com/GLS-Audio-Cable-Patch-Cords/dp/B003JJQMD8/ref=sr_1_5?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1292091847&sr=1-5

Adapter cables (to go from mixer to speakers):

http://www.amazon.com/CBI-Ultimate-Male-Inch-Cable/dp/B0013MMUY8/ref=sr_1_5?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1292092183&sr=1-5

This will be a nice, powerful system to get started. All you need is an mp3 player or cd player for music.

Average Car Speaker System Cost?




Justin


If I wanted to put a average speaker system in my car how much am I going to be looking at cost wise (average) including installation, etc. That includes door speakers, subs, everything.

If I wanted a high end one how much would that cost as well?

I would want a system that doesn't rattle, can give off nice clean sound and bass.

Thanks!



Answer
Hold on, slow down. Ok, I agree that for about $1500.00 you can do a decent system. As far as "High-End" that is a loaded question. How high-end do you want to go? $40,000, $60,000, how about $250,000.00.

Yes, you can install a system in a car for $250,000.00 and yes it is impressive. Do 99.99999% of people need or would they even appreciate it? Probably not, but it is out there.

If you want to go high end (which I assume means sound quality and not just loud) first determine what your goals are for the vehicle. Are you going to compete or is it for your own enjoyment ( there is a difference )?

Next decide on what you can afford to / want to spend on the total project. Try not to think of it in individual components but a total package.

Then talk to a professional. Not a chain store employee but someone in a specialty store. They know what is out there and will be able to help you design a system for your needs and budget. Now, if you talk to me I will show you what you can do... I would rather have you tell me "no I don't want that" then not mention it to you because I'm affraid that you'll think it cost too much or assume that you won't like it / need it. So should anyone else you talk to that cares about your system.

Re-evaluate what you are planing to spend and get the job done.

I don't know if I am local for you but even if I'm not I would love to help design your system.

Feel free to email me and I will be glad to help you out....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What kind of speaker system should i get?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment