Friday, February 28, 2014

Questions about a multizone speaker system?




gummyd


ust bought a house, but I'm an electronics noob
Has previously built in speaker system on first floor:
7 ceiling speaker units with 2 speakers in each unit (14 total speakers) - I'm assuming this since there are 7 wire bundles with 4 individual speaker wires in each bundle - am I correct to assume that these are 2 speakers in each speaker unit then?
Left-Center-Right entertainment center wall speakers (3 total speakers) - Assuming this because there are 3 wire bundles with 2 individual speaker wires in each bundle - however I don't really know what's going on here. I thought 2 speaker wires meant left-right. Are both of my left and right positioned speakers left-right channel then? Or are they dedicated left and dedicated right?
Left-Back-Right "surround" ceiling speakers (3 total speakers) - Again, 3 wire bundles with 2 speaker wires in each bundle. These wires are marked "surround" - do I need to do anything special with them?

Volume controls in each room already built in

In one place there are a lot of speaker wires (16awg I think, whatever this means)
I have no clue how to install a music box playing system but I want to ... and would like to be able to play only CDs and maybe wirelessly playing music from a desktop computer and if at all possible, already have an interface where you can insert an SD card or USB drive or portable hard drive or something and you can play music from there already without the hassle of a computer...

How can I accomplish this?
I've heard about these multi-zone multi-room receivers or something, but I don't know how to use how to buy how to install?
I only see speaker wires with 1-inch strip off copper ends, how will this be able to plug into a receiver? And I have so many speakers, are there any multi-something receivers that can accept so many speakers? Any recommendations for receivers with the basic functions I listed? I don't need volume control on the receiver since volume control is already installed for the speakers. My budget is $3000 but I'd like to do it under $1500. Thank you.



Answer
If you want different music in each room at the same time, that will drive the cost way up. For that, you would need a multi zone amp.

If you just want to have the same music in all the rooms from one source, that is pretty easy. All you would need for that is a simple stereo receiver and a speaker switch:

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-SS-6-Speaker-Switcher-Speakers/dp/B00004Y3UY/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1293036686&sr=1-3

Multizone info:

http://www.nuvotechnologies.com/

http://www.sonos.com/Default.aspx?rdr=true&LangType=1033&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=wholemultiroom

http://wholehouseaudiosystem.com/

Getting a car system help ASAP please!?




Fro


Okay, trying to make a long story as short as possible. I dumbly bought a system from Best Buy and my subs blew. I took the amp and the subs back and got my money back. I'm now looking at something more powerful. Something that people will hear me from a good distance. I'm looking at these bad boys right here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pioneer-TS-W3002D4-7000-Watt-12-Car-Subwoofers-Vented-Sub-Box-Enclosure-/300962745649
they produce 2,000 watts RMS (I'm not sure if that's per each sub or total...so help with that, too if you can!) and they are dual 4 ohm. I will attach the info at the bottom.
I'm wondering exactly what amp I need. I know I need at least 2,000 RMS and I'm not in a horrible budget but don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on an amp.
My last question is... should I go mono or 2 channel... and what even is the difference?
Thanks SO much in advance!


Size: 12"
Woofer Cone Material: Interlaced Basalt/Carbon Fiber Reinforced IMPP Cone
Surround: Wide-Roll, 3-Layer Fiber Woven Aramid Radial with Honeycomb Cloth
Voice Coil: Dual 4-Layer, Long Voice Coil
Voice Coil Wire: Copper
Voice Coil Bobbin: Phenol Resin Coated Glass Cloth
Projected Pole Yoke with Vented Pole: Yes
Magnet Construction: Double Stacked (114oz)
Basket Design: Aluminum Die-Cast Rigid Chassis
Gasket: 1-Piece ABS
Wire Terminals: Integrated Single-Sided Silver Compression Terminals
Max. Music Power: 3500 Watts
Nominal Power Handling: 1000 Watts
Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 150 Hz
Sensitivity: 90 dB
Ohm Rating: Dual 4 Ohm
Recommended Sealed Enclosure: 0.50 ~ 1.0 Cubic Feet
Recommended Vented Enclosure: 0.80 ~ 1.6 Cubic Feet
Dimensions: 329 mm x 214.2 mm
Mounting Depth: 188.8 mm
Thank you so much! I don't know shit when it comes to actually installing, I may just take it somewhere and have it professionally installed. I still have all the wires from Best Buy, but I'm guessing I'm gonna have to up the gauges? Anyway, what do you think of this amp?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDIOPIPE-APCL-30001D-3000W-RMS-Mono-D-Car-Audio-Power-Amplifier-Amp-APCL30001D-/390617966766



Answer
They are 1000 watts rms per speaker. This box is gonna be big and heavy.... 3.2 cubic feet subtracting the volume of the speakers. Get a mono block amp that will do like 2500-3000 watts rms.....you are only looking for 2000, but we want to go a little above to keep the amp cooler. Herenis where it gets tricky.....you WANT an amp that will do this power at a 1 ohm load. Because since they are two dual voice coil 4ohm speakers you are going to wire them up in a way that drops the total resistance down to one ohm. Eqch speaker has a positive and negative terminal for each coil meaning each speaker has two positive terminals and two negative terminals. First, connect the two negative terminals on one speaker together, then connect the two positive terminals on the same speaker together. Donthe same for second speaker. In ONE positive terminal runba wire to ONE positive terminal to the other speaker, do the same for negative....now look for a positive terminal on one speaker that still only has one wire inserted and insert a wire here and run to positive side of amp. On same speaker find negative terminal to add negative lead wire to amp...you can also look this up on google images... Under 2 dvc 4ohm wiring




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Questions about a multizone speaker system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment