Thursday, February 27, 2014

Speaker Setupp 7.1 System?




K-MaC


Hey all. I am about ready to finish up my 7.1 setup and had a couple questions. I have the following components all Denon products

AVC-2308-SP Receiver
SC-T33SG-M Tower speakers x2
SC-C33SG-M Centre speaker
SC-A33SG Surround speakers x2
DSW-33SG-M Subwoofer

My question is should I get the same speakers that I use for Surround speakers for use in the 7.1 setup or is it standard to get different size speakers? I am using teh SC-A33SG's x2 now in a 5.1 setup. I am assuming that I need 2 more?

Also what is the smallest size room that I would benefit by expanding to 7.1

Thanks in advance.
Fair enough. Thanks for the info. The reason I asked about room size is that my entertainment room is currently 12x12, so I just wanted to ensure that it would be sufficient.



Answer
To upgrade to 7.1 from 5.1 you should just use the same kind of speakers you are currently using for your surrounds.

7.1 is more about speaker placement than the size of the room. You will benefit from a 7.1 setup if your seating area isn't against the rear wall of the room. You need space on your sides and behind you for a realistic surround effect.

I HAVE Yamaha HTR-5890 7.1-Channel RECEIVER WHICH IS SUITABLE SPEAKERS SYSTEM?




patel n





Answer
Wow, a budget would help. Speaker systems are all over the map. Also, it's a subjective question since pretty much any speaker will work with your Yamaha. Jamo, as suggested, is a fine speaker system.

The place to start is a budget because the $20,000 set will always sound better than the $1000 set and you will inch your way up until you've priced yourself out of the speaker market.

Once you have a budget, go to every store in your area and listen to things in your price range. Let your ears do the shopping and you will fall in love with something.

Here's some brands I like in varied price ranges. This is by no means a complete list of what's good: B&W, Atlantic Technology, Niles, SpeakerCraft, Jamo (pronounced yamo), Monitor Audio.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Speaker Setupp 7.1 System?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment