Saturday, February 1, 2014

Home Theatre vs Sound system?




eskimo129


I'm looking for a good system mainly to play music and was wondering if I should try to piece together a sound system or just get a home theatre system since they are cheaper. My budget is $300. Would a home theatre system work as a good enough sound system to play loud music? If so, which home theatre system should I get? I've looked at a bunch of brands online, but I'm not sure what brands are a good, safe buy. Any advice would be great


Answer
You say you want mainly a music system. Will it be used only for music? If so I'd recommend an old fashioned stereo system. A stereo receiver, 2 speakers, and a small sub woofer. This is called 2.1 sound. Note that all receivers can do 2.1 also known as stereo. If you plan on using it for more than just music (i.e. gaming or home theater) you need a 5.1 system at a minimum. 5 speakers and a small sub woofer. $300 is a very low budget and you will not get something that sounds really good or really loud no matter what you get. A HTIB (home theater in a box) system would give you 5 cheap speakers, a small sub woofer, and usually an all in one unit that contains a DVD player and a power amp with some minimal switching capabilities.

A separate component 5.1 system would have an AV receiver, 5 speakers, and a sub woofer. There are also 7.1 systems but both of those are out of your price range.

I have an entry level system that I pieced together over a period of time. I had two cheap speakers (stereo) so I got an AV (audio-visual) receiver that cost me about $250. Some time later I got fantastically lucky and found a 5 speaker set on clearance that retailed for $600 on sale for $200. I got a sub woofer at the same time which cost me $350 with my tax refund. Along the way I got a cheap ($40) DVD player. A bit later I got a small hi-def TV set for $400. Then just a few months ago I got an HD-DVD player mainly for upscaling DVDs for $80. All told I spent about $820 for a decent entry level system. However my system is worth about $2100. I got lucky and shopped very well. You can see. why it took me awhile to build it up.

If you shop carefully you might be able to get a low end 5.1 AV receiver, 2 speakers, and a small sub for $300-$500. That would give you a start. Your other choice is a HTIB system which would cost $200-$1000. HTIBs are not nearly as versatile as separates but are cheaper. Separate components can cost anywhere from several hundred dollars on up.

Listen to everything you can both in your price range and a bit above it (for comparison) and let your ears be your guide.

Blu Ray Home Theater System with HDMI inputs and Built In Wireless Rear Speakers?




Chicken F


Are there any blu ray home theater systems like this right now? Preferably with the tall front speakers. Thanks.


Answer
This system has tall front speakers, wireless, and is Blu-ray as well. I'm not a fan of these systems, but if that's what you want it's more than adequate. I've bought from these people before and their customer service is the best. No surround speaker is 100% wireless. It still needs power and that will require you plug it in somehow. Speakers that are wireless tend to have issues with getting a full signal and limited frequencies. They have not or have ever been recommended. Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Home Theatre vs Sound system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment