Thursday, January 30, 2014

Sony Bass-Reflex 2way Speaker System -- Too quiet?




Lynn B


I got this pair 2nd hand.. they have computer speaker plugs. When I plug one into the computer sound comes out.. but it is so quiet you have to have the speaker up to your ear to hear it. I don't see a power plug or any way to adjust sound on the box itself.. does anybody know how these get set up??


Answer
My best guess, is that they are unpowered speakers, and won't work with a computer. You could try to find a cheap amplifier or receiver to power them.

Tips for 2.1 speaker system placement?




minikarter


I'm fussy about getting the best I can out of what I have. So I have some logitech 2.1 speakers. The satellite speakers have a small speaker pointing front and back, and the woofer has it's speaker pointing downwards with port forward (tho atm I've placed it pointing right). What is the best way to do get the best sound?

Atm the satellites are pointing forwards, about 2 feet left and right of my laptop, and the woofer is under the desk. But the bass doesn't seem to travel well unless you get under the desk or a few feet away.

Any tips?

The system I have is the Logitech Z323 .

Thanks in advance!



Answer
To have the best stereo effect, the two left and right speakers should be equally far away from your head. one left, one right...
The position of the sub doesnt really matter coz the human ears/brain cant really localize the deep frequencies which the sub produces.
A sub always sounds better when placed near a wall or in a corner.
Give it a try. In the end its really up to YOU and what sounds best to you
Hope that helps a bit
(p.s. the hole in your sub is not a speaker, its a bass reflex tube and should not be covered)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Sony Bass-Reflex 2way Speaker System -- Too quiet?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment