Sunday, October 13, 2013

What do I need for a good stereo system?

speaker system 5.1 reviews
 on Home theater | sound system | speakers reviews | audio
speaker system 5.1 reviews image



Jay


Hi. I was wondering what I needed to create a stereo system for a lot of bass and good sound quality. I am totally new to stereos and amps. All I know is that having a lot of watts will make the bass louder but I want to know more so I can choose what kind of amp and speakers I want to create a good stereo system for hip hop and dancing. Can please somebody help me out? Thank you so much!


Answer
This may actually not be the place to ask a question like this. Visit a big audio store, local or not, and ask them. But here's my answer
Amps/Receiver:
Look for a receiver with 5.1 or 7.1 surround, with about 100 watts to 150 per channel. This will be plenty for the speakers, and will be very loud combined with the right speaker selection and combinations. (the numbers mean how many speakers, the 5 or 7 counts for regular speakers, and the .1 or .2 counts for how many subwoofers)
Speakers:
If your looking for a good sound system, don't cheap out on the speakers ! If you buy the right speakers the first time, you will have this stereo for the rest of your life. I will provide a link to my favourite site to shop for speakers.
Subwoofers:
When buying a sub, keep in mind that the more power and watts, doesn't always mean it's louder. Go for a 12 inch, or even two 12 inch subs, as ten will not be able to fill a room as well. Make sure to look at alot of subs and read alot of reviews.
Remember this may cost a lot ($1000-$10,000) but will last you your ENTIRE life :)
Here are some links of great entry level (yes, entry level, but they will sound better than any sony bookshelf speaker system you have ever heard, and go 100x as loud) speakers available from visions electronics:
http://www.visions.ca/Catalogue/Category/ProductResults.aspx?categoryId=139
http://www.visions.ca/Catalogue/Category/ProductResults.aspx?categoryId=159
http://www.visions.ca/Catalogue/Category/ProductResults.aspx?categoryId=160
http://www.visions.ca/Catalogue/Category/ProductResults.aspx?categoryId=162
seeing as your new to this stuff, here's what I would suggest
Onkyo 5.1 receiver $250-450 (onkyo is simple to setup and use, and comes with technology to automatically enhance your stereo, as do many other brands)
Soundstage 6.5" Tower Speakers - PAIR (3D3) $300-500 huge sound at cheap price (note that you can stop right now and this would be fine for now, and you could build onto it later)
Cerwin-Vega 12" 300W Powered Subwoofer (CMX12S) $350-600 (HUGE BASS at decent price, I own this model and am very pleased. Out performs my fathers Polk audio PSW505, a fairly prestigious 450watt sub)
Polk Audio Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) (R150) $150-330 (screaming loud speakers, very durable. For when you want to expand)
Hope that helps you!

Who knows how to buy and set up an android TV system?




Justin N


I want to buy a home entertainment system based on Android. It would comprise:

* a TV or computer monitor
* an Android TV box
* a 5.1 speaker system

I don't need any TV receiver, DVD, Bluray etc. I stream everything online and have great broadband.

I'm totally confused about what to buy. I want a great sound through the 5.1 system, HD quality on the tv, and smooth use of Android.

I do want the Android box to do Skype, so a USB port for a great webcam would be a must.

I have no idea how to ensure that the sound passes through digitally, or to know what I need to check about audio ports, and what cables to buy.

I'd ideally buy it all from Amazon Prime.

Please help, ideally with the list of items I need to buy.

thanks.



Answer
search for mk808 and read reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY%C2%AE-Computer-Dual-core-Android-RK3066/dp/B009PJ3AZ4/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1380221461&sr=1-3&keywords=android+pc+stick+mk808

This one supports webcam. when you get a TV- make sure that the hdmi or optical port can send audio out, and that will output to the 5.1 receiver.

that or get a chromecast, but I do not think it has webcam capability. I think you can use webcam with raspberrypi.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What do I need for a good stereo system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment