Friday, October 4, 2013

How do i build a subwoofer box for my jeep?

best value 2.1 speaker system
 on Music Hall - MMF-2.2 - Turntable-Audio Advisor
best value 2.1 speaker system image



Rick


i know the speakers i want, Polk MOMO's 2 x 10". I go to polks site and they give all kinds of spec for the speaker. one being Vas = 1.083 cu. ft. i think this is the volume for the internal of the box. but is this after subtracting teh volume the speaker itself takes up? if so what value is that? would a inside dimension of 10"x14"x13" each side work good for a sealed enclosure. making outside dims 11.5"X15.5"x28.25" using 3/4" MDF. then i would likely liquid nail and screw the box together, using the liquid nails like a caulk on all seams.
then would i want polly fill for this size box? what does poly fill do?
any insight to any area will be appreciated.



Answer
Vas (equivalent air compliance) is the volume of air that offers the same degree of restoring force on the cone as that of the cone's suspension.

The Vas may be use to calculate the volume (Vb) of the enclosure.

Vb=VAS(Qts/Qcb)^2+1

A subwoofer and it's box have there own Q (quality) factor (Qcb=Q of closed box, Qts=Q of speaker)and together they form what is known as the system Q. A system Q of 0.7 gives the smoothest roll off in the low frequency response of the system. Above 0.7 causes a hump in the bass response and below this causes the bass to fall off at a higher frequency.

A program called WinISD will help you in the design. http://www.linearteam.org/download/winisdpro/winisdalpha.exe

Here are some tips on box building http://spkrbox1.spaces.live.com

How to choose a amp or receiver for my speakers.?




Justin


Im trying to design a home audio system using some Rockford Fosgate speakers and a sub woofer. I'm designing this to be permanently attached to my desk. The speakers and sub are all 4-ohm but the powers obviously vary. There are two types of speakers one rated 40W and the other type 60W. the sub is rated for 600W. These are all RMS value. I'm having trouble understanding what to look for in my receiver. I am also willing to use a car amp if someone can inform me how i can effectivly operate it inside. I dont care about appearance as i want to rout the knobs and switches to another area and match the appearance of the rest of my setup.
I want this for a gaming set up. I am building my own desk and am trying to make it my "gaming station" so to say. I want it to really kick. Say im playing a game and an explosion happens next to my character i want to hear it and feel it as though i was there. Obviously not to the extreme that it blows me away or anything but enough to feel it. I have no knowledge of audio but am going to school for electrical and automation so im starting to understand the circuitry that runs the speakers. if you can give me some links and examples of what i might use id appreciate it. I am designing my desk to have two small speakers behind my speakers as well as two up closer to the display and tweeters if needed as well as a sub or two underneath by the floor. so any suggestions on speakers would be appreciated.



Answer
Are you talking about speakers or "drivers"? Drivers are usually connected to a crossover-network to create a nominal 8 ohm impedance.

When you say "audio system" - are you talking about a stereo system (2.1) for music or a 5.1 system for movies?

That subwoofer - does it have 4 speaker wire inputs and 4 speaker wire outputs so you can send left/right full-range signals to the sub and it will strip off what it needs and pass the rest onto the more conventional speakers?

All of these details matter.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ok - A used Dolby Digital 5.1 AV Receiver is probably what you want. But - you need to make sure you are designing each 'speaker' with a tweeter, mid-range and crossover-network.

You are also going to want a separate plate-amp for your un-powered subwoofer. Try www.partsexpress.com for a speaker building site that can sell these.

You should also look up "Bass Shakers". These are transducers you screw into the base of your chair and then run with a separate amp from the SUBWOOFER output of your 5.1 receiver. It gives a tactical bump/feel to explosions. "ButtKicker" and "..." (crap - cannot remember the other popular brand) these are cool things to have.

My advice:

Hit you local Craigslist. You want to find a used 5.1 receiver (Yamaha, Denon, Pioneer or even Onkyo) and a used Stereo.

This way - you will save money and if you blow things up - you will not be out a lot.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do i build a subwoofer box for my jeep?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment