Thursday, September 5, 2013

Several Questions about the Kindle Fire?

speaker system for kindle fire
 on kindle fire hd is available in 3 versions kindle fire
speaker system for kindle fire image



Uncle Penn


So I'm seriously looking at the Kindle Fire. I am already a Kindle 3 Keyboard owner.

1. Video on the Kindle Fire. I'm really worried about the small screen size not being satisfactory for watching videos. Seems like the iPad is a better size for that. If you own the Kindle Fire, what's your opinion of that?

2. Netflix - How does Netflix work on the Kindle Fire? Video quality good, no buffering issues?

3. Web Browsing - Really, same issue but even more so. Is the screen just too small for a good web browsing experience? I know this was a big problem on the Kindle 3, which is only slightly smaller.

4. Is the system for handling music pretty easy?

5. Can you easily shop the Amazon site for other things? Not just music, ebooks, and video, but all their stuff.

6. I presume it has a headphone jack. Can you confirm that?

Really, is there anything you think it does fantastically well, or conversely, could use improvement on?
To some folks recommending the iPad, Paying $500 for a tablet is NOT AN OPTION.



Answer
Let me preface this by saying I do not own a Fire, but I have researched them and few co-workers have fires.

1. Haven't seen video yet. But the size seems to be ok. The Fire's screen is 7 inches vs the iPad's 9.7inch screen. that's not a big difference. Having used an ipad here at work and looking at the Fire, I don't see much difference.

2. Haven't watched a netflix movie on the Fire, but I have watched it on my Droid X. The video quality is excellent. I did not see any buffering issues, but I was on 3g...the Fire doesn't have 3G so you're bound to the connection quality of whatever wifi hotspot you're connected to.

3. No problem viewing webpages. Again, there isn't that much of a difference.

4. itunes is one of the worst pieces of crapp I've ever encounterd. Buggy, laggy, and plain Sh1te. Amazon's cloud service is ok, I've haven't used it much, but it's well integrated to tne Android OS. The music is stored in Amazon's Cloud service, not on the device...so I can listen to the music on my Droid X, Fire (If I have one), my PC, or mac, or whatever computer I use to log into Amazon.com. That is infinitely more elegant that fraking iTunes' stupid authorization/Deauthorization crap.

5. Yes. Yes. YES!

6. yes. From Amazon's site: Audio 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, top-mounted stereo speakers. http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-Amazon-Tablet/dp/B0051VVOB2/ref=amb_link_358863762_7?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=00414TPZB2QMF7G4JMMF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1331677582&pf_rd_i=507846


I have three issues which prevent me from buying a Fire...and these aren't a Fire vs iPad...because I don't like the iPad. First is the lack of 3g. I like that my Kindle keyboard is 3g...meaning I can buy books where ever there is cell phone service and I can surf as well. Second is it's weight. By itself, the fire weighs a bit more than my Kindle Keyboard with leather cover /w Light! Third and last, the screen. since I have a Droid X and a Laptop, I don't need the features of the Fire, or iPad for that matter. The Laptop is to cumbersome to read books on and take anywhere and the Droid X's screen while big, is not really comfortable to read books on especially the glare...which the Fire will have. I like my Kindle keyboard's e'Ink technology.

If I had to choose between the Kindle Keyboard and Fire, keyboard all the way. But if I absolutely have to choose between a Fire and iPad, the Fire and Amazon will get my money.

Kindle Fire or Nook? Which on has the edge?




Marvin - R


Kinda on the fence with this one. I'm thinking of buying an ereader for the wife.


Answer
I've seen both and they both seem nice. The Fire is slightly smaller and lighter, has better speakers, has a faster browser, comes with free cloud storage and is $50 cheaper. I would go with the Fire, unless she really likes the Nook bookstore.

Here is a great comparison with charts: http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/7/2544177/nook-tablet-vs-kindle-fire-vs-ipad-2-tablet-comparison.

Here are some additional stats for you to compare.


BrandAmazon.comBarnes & Noble

Screen typeLCD IPSLCD IPS
Pixel long side1â0241â024
Pixel short side600600
Screen pixel614âkilopixel?
Screen size diagonal7ââ³7ââ³
Screen resolution DPI169?
Input
TouchscreenYes, CapacitiveYes, Capacitive
Multi-touch2 fingersyes
KeyboardOn-screen keyboardOn-screen keyboard
Network
Cellular radioNo?
W-LanYes600 Mbit/s
BluetoothNoYes
GPSNoNo
Sensors
GyroscopeYesNo
AccelerometerNo?
Ambient light sensorYesNo
Camera
Pixel effective (camera)No0âpixel
AutofocusNo?
Secondary cameraNo0âpixel
Hardware
Processor1âGHz800âMHz
Cores21
Memory (RAM)512âMB512âMB
Permanent storage8âGB16âGB
Memory cardNomicroSDHC
Dimensions
Long side19âcm20.5âcm
Short side12âcm12.7âcm
Thickness1.24âcm1.22âcm
Ports
USB portYesNo
HDMI portNoNo
Basics
Operating systemAndroidAndroid
Operating system version2.3?
Software distribution?Android Market
Battery life max.7.5âh?
Weight414âg442âg
Info
Website?https://nookdeveloperâ¦
More
Description?Tablet (NOTE: Equipped with Bluetooth, not enabled)
Widescreen?Yes
Adobe Flash Support?Yes
+ Add row++
Amazon Kindle FireBarnes & Noble Nook Color

Hope with helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Several Questions about the Kindle Fire?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment