Thursday, July 25, 2013

What do I look for when shopping for a sound system/amplification for a rock band?

speaker system for restaurant
 on Food In Containers
speaker system for restaurant image



Josh R


I'm shopping for a sound/amplification system for a small band of me and my friends and I have no idea where to start looking or what to look for. Can anyone either link me to a shopping guide explaining what I'm shopping for or summarize basic specs/things to look for in a system?
I know I basically need a sound board, amplifier(s), and speakers, but beyond that, I'm basically lost.



Answer
This decision totally depends on your target venue. If playing in clubs or restaurants, you need less gear. Those places often have gear, and are so small that your guitar amps and the drums fill the room. In that case all you need is basic system to push vocals, keyboards and any DJ rigs or effects you may use. In this case you can get by with a small, powered mixed and a pair of speakers, or a small mixer and a set of speakers with built in amps. (Powered speakers)

If you are wanting your own rig, like for the ability to set up and play in a park or something, or to provide a system for yourself as well as other bands, you need a more complete system. Speakers need to be supplemented with subwoofers if the system will be projecting the kick drum and bass guitar over distance. Speakers will need more power rating if they are gonna carry guitars as well as vocals.

Message me if you want to discuss details.

What is a great way to celebrate my sister and brother-in-laws news that they are having a baby?




Kate


My sister just came home for Christmas and she couldn't wait to tell us (her husband was on the speaker phone), Now he is coming in town Tuesday and we want to do something special for them. This is the first baby in our family! We thought about going out to a nice restaurant, but since my sister is having morning sickness that doesn't seem like a good idea.
I'd love to hear some suggestions! Thank you!



Answer
Dear Auntie,

I love parties and celebrations at home, everyone gets to relax and the fun can get a bit loud and no one yells at you.

Now get a copy of the song Having My Baby..... its a little bit back there but not ancient.
go to a party store and get a thing that hangs across the doorway announcing Having My Baby or We're Having A Baby , make a cake with a baby theme on top of the cake , remembering the sex may not be established as yet.
Oh just remembered Ha. Go to www. hp.com/go/activitycenter
and make sure it comes up Hewlett-Packard there are some sites that say hp and are something else totally . Now its all free and there are places that have Baby shower items and thank you cards with the imprint of a babys foot with the word baby in different pastel colors. I know because I got it all done for my daughter in law who had twin girls this July . they have games and answers who attended list, gift list and so on. oh so cute. and the most precious Baby Card where cards are and it says Baby, you'll just die,,,,,,,,,
Now you can all get together and buy the baby to be its first gift. Why not an intercom system that the parents will thank you over and over again. one goes in the babies room and the other two can go in your bedroom at night and down stairs or in the kitchen or livingroom whereever they are. We got them one and it helped one of the girls who had problems breathing and we believe it helped save her life.

If you are looking for a super punch its easy; for every can of Minute maid Punch add about 2/3 of a 2 liter of 7up or Sprite and make ice cubes of the punch and put frozen fruit of strawberries and melon balls and so on in the punch. if its kept real super cold it gets froffy and people have accused me of spiking the punch. I'm enjoying your question.
Simplyshy Good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What do I look for when shopping for a sound system/amplification for a rock band?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment