Saturday, September 14, 2013

is it ok to use a standard center channel speaker with front in ceiling speakers?

speaker system installation
 on Sony DAV-DX250 - Integrated Dvd System Support and Manuals
speaker system installation image



Eric


I am doing my own surround system installation and would like to use in ceiling speakers for the rear and front left and right speakers. I have been told that using an in ceiling speaker for the center channel speaker would provide poor sound quality. I have also been told that using front left and right in ceiling speakers with a bookshelf type center channel speaker will be bad. What is the best configuration? Our room is already wired for 5.1 in ceiling surround sound.


Answer
You really shouldn't use ceiling speakers for the L, C, R speakers. Because the dialog comes from the center however it is the most important one. So yes you could get away with having a bookshelf center speaker and ceiling L and R. It's not optimum but it's better than ceiling for L, C and R. You can watch a movie, you should be able to understand the dialog and it will work but if you can find a way to get all three front speakers out of the ceiling it will be much better.

How do I remove my door panels?




PlasticPig


I am trying to finish my sound system installations. I've got everything done except replacing the speakers in the driver and passenger doors. The door panels are a pain to remove. A video would help or picture walk through. I have a 2002 Saturn SC2 (3 door). Thanks!


Answer
On most vehicles, the door panels are held in place with clips on the inside, near the edges ( about 10 or so ); also the inner door handle needs to be removed.............there may be diagrams on www.ehow.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: is it ok to use a standard center channel speaker with front in ceiling speakers?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment