Sunday, September 8, 2013

How do I get sound to my home theatre system from three different sources?

best speaker system apple tv
 on best sellers the new york times best sellers children s books ...
best speaker system apple tv image



tfg20


I have a Sony Home Theatre System DAV-DV170 which has 1 HDMI output, TV/Cable digital in optical/coaxial, component video out, video out, tv/cable audio in....hook up. I have a Sony KDL-40v250 TV which has 2 HDMI inputs, digital out optical, audio out (VAR/FIX), and a couple of other input options.

I'd like to hook up my cable (AT&T Uverse), XBOX 360, and Apple TV and have the sound go through my home Theatre system. However, with my current set-up I only get my cable sound to my home theatre system.

Any suggestions?



Answer
Since your tv only has 2 HDMI inputs you will need to get an HDMI switch; can be found here http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_7?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=hdmi+switch&sprefix=HDMI+sw%2Caps%2C188 Plug everything into that. Then plug in an optical cable to the tv and the other end of the optical cable into the HT. Otherwise You need a real Receiver and seperate speakers.

What kind of Receiver should I use?




Jose


So, I'm a newbie a this. My home has 12 build-in speakers on the ceilings by Bose. 4 outside, 2 in the family room, 2 in the Master Room, 2 in the Master Room's bathroom, 2 in our studio. I found the cables that you need to plug in the receiver. I have 2 options, 6 CAT5 input cables or 6 basic naked wire. So I'm wondering, what type of receiver do I need to make them work? And If it's possible, I want to be able to connect my Apple TV, PVR and PS3 to it so I'll have a full home theater system in my Family Room.

Thanks!
Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm looking for a Receiver with a disc tray!



Answer
I would go to a high end store and raise the same question. The answer to your question is involved and they may need to show you what they are talking about versus trying to get the picture yourself. The ground work has been laid for a nice system. Take a look at Integra, Emotiva and NAD brands at at about 125-200w range. You will be pleased, another brand to take into consideration would be Russound too. When you get it together boy is it going to sound really good.

Enjoy




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I get sound to my home theatre system from three different sources?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment