Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Looking for a new Speaker system?




Ben Balke


Hi, I'm looking to buy a new speaker system just to listen to music from my iphone 5. I don't listen to music at home purely because I don't have any speakers.

My budget is under $100, so I'm not looking for anything massive. But I am looking for something with a subwoofer that can deliver the best bass possible for that price, without skimping out on the other speakers which play the highs/mids. It only needs to make a 10'X10' room sound awesome.

They would be used for a lot of rap and heavy bass electronic music (Don't judge my music tastes).

Like I said, I'm not expecting an amazing speaker system. But just something that will last a long time with no issues that has good bass and good highs/mids. I'm not really looking for my house to shake, but things falling off the shelf would be nice. Thanks for any help you can provide, because I have no idea what I'm doing!



Answer
Total price $116, not including shipping:

Creative Inspire T12 2.0 powered speakers, $45,

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Inspire-T12-Multimedia-Technology/dp/B0028N6YH0/

Monoprice 8248, 8 Inch 60-Watt powered subwoofer, $54.69,

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10906&cs_id=1090602&p_id=8248

Radio Shack 42-2570, 1/8" stereo y-adapter, $7.99,

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103870

SCOSCHE I6RCA35A, 3.5mm Stereo to 2 RCA adapter cable, $8.25,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360798522456

That's about the best you'll do with $100. It's a pretty ordinary pair of computer speakers, but then you patch in a small powered subwoofer to play with.

Both devices should be compatible with splitting the signal one time, though you'll need to nudge the volume controls higher (which may increase noise).

Speaker System question. What route should I go? 10pts for best answer.?




Dave


Ok i'm looking at a new stereo system for my room. I want something I can hook my iPod up to, good quality, but I really want a good subwoofer to blast some bass. I would love something cheap but I wouldn't mind paying a couple hundred bucks for a good system. Should I buy a shelf system and a subwoofer and hook the subwoofer up to the system? Can I even do that? Am I safer buying a stereo system with a subwoofer included? I would love feedback. thanks for your answers.


Answer
Well... Best option is to actually buy a new Receiver from Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo... but as they can get pricey, the positive is that you can buy the speaker you want - with or without subwoofer... and even upgrade to 5.1 or 7.1 if you want to.

If you do want more of a smaller-form factor-stereo like system... then get one that already has bass. Most 1piece stereo systems are closed - and you can't add a subwoofer easily.

Amongst the large array of different systems available, you'll get a few different offerings:
From great buys to overpriced boat anchors.
I'd go with a pair of good monitors - like the Audioengine A5
http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Audioengine-5#gallery

They'd have enough bass and everything else to fill a medium sized room-no problem. iPod/iPhone connectivity - iphone/ipod should be able to stream any radio or web-radio station...
and best of all is that It'll also connect to your computer, TV, bluray ... etc.
$350 for the A5.... AudioEngine also has the A2 [$200] - which is smaller, but less output.

What else?
Ok - try Bose Sounddock 10. $599... and you get a all in one + for another $150, you get wireless streaming music- So for $750 you get a system with two 2" paper drivers and a 5" subwoofer in the inside. Some ppl like the sound - but because there are no tweeters present, their sound is Bloated,synthetic,boomy-monotoned at the same time + it is fatiguing at louder volumes.... but alas, some like it...
...

Hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Looking for a new Speaker system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment