Sunday, June 8, 2014

Build A Sound System with Apple Mac Mini?




Bleu


I'm looking to build a sound system around my mac mini or buy a sound/HI-FI system and integrate my mac mini.

The vast majority of my music listening is done at home via my computer. I have recently received a new mac mini (2010 model) with HDMI port which i have connected via HDMI to a 1080p tv. Most of my Music is ripped to a 4 TB external hard drive in lossless format. Played back through Itunes.

Cost isn't really an issue but I am a complete novice with sound systems so please explain what each bit does etc if possible.

Thank you

Specs:

Audio line in minijack (digital/analog)
Audio line out/headphone minijack (digital/analog)
HDMI port supports multichannel audio output



Answer
Just get a nice computer speaker:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Z-2300-THX-Certified-Speaker-Subwoofer/dp/B0002SQ2P2/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1279636388&sr=1-10

How to connect Apple tv 3 to Shelf stereo?




Alexander


OK so i want to hear my music and movies through my speakers when using my apple tv via airplay with iphone 5. Im using a Sony - 700W Stereo System and Apple tv 3. The stereo only has AUX and the apple tv only has Optical. Is it possible to connect them via an adaptor or convertor. I would like for sound to come out both speakers, not just one. Also is it possible to just connect my apple tv via HDMI to my tv and then connect my stereo to the tv via AUX. My tv is Samsung 32" 720p 60Hz LED HDTV (UN32EH4003FXZC) if that helps. Tv also has HDMI and AUX. Thanks for Taking the time to Answer.


Answer
A cable alone won't do it. So what you need is an Optical to stereo RCA/phono converter Here's something on Amazon.ca for under $15 http://www.amazon.ca/Digital-Optical-Analog-Converter-Adapter/dp/B005DIRI6I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1390739425&sr=8-3&keywords=optical+to+stereo

If your TV has AUX sockets then they'll be for sending a signal in to the TV, not for getting the Apple ATV3 audio signal out. You can connect your ATV3 to the TV via HDMI and connect the optical via via the converter to your stereo system at the same time. This way you will be able keep both connected and choose how to watch or listen without cable swapping.

Finally, check your ATV3 user manual for how to adjust the Optical out audio setting. The default should be "stereo". This is correct for listening via a Hi-Fi. The other option is "Dolby" which is only of use when connecting to a surround system.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Build A Sound System with Apple Mac Mini?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment