Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Do you know if you can plug your ipod into the Coby CSP96 300-Watt 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker System?




kb23 :)


I'm looking into buying the Coby CSP96 300-Watt 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker System and i want to use it as a surround sound system for my ipod. Does anyone know if it has an ipod dock or ipod port? PLEASE let me know! Thanx! :)


Answer
It does not have an ipod port but you can ( but not recommendable ) connect your ipod's headphone stereo output using a "mini jack (3.5mm jack ) to RCA ( stereo left and right )" cable to the CSP96's "stereo RCA left /right audio input" which are "LINE LEVEL" inputs ...but it won't play on all speakers... Again it's not recommendable but doable. Headphone output impedance is different from a line level input/output impedance. Headphone output level can damage line level input devices. Some players has mini jack output that can be used for headphones and as a line level out. Check with apple if your ipod's headphone output has the same impedance as "line level in/out"

You can also buy an ipod "dock connector to rca" cable ( you'll get line level out from ipod ). Then it can be connected to coby's Stereo L/R rca inputs. Again you will only get 2.1 surround sound ( left / right and sub )... ( your ipod should have a stereo surround sound encoder )... come to think of it... it's better to buy a 2.1 speaker system instead...or... a 5.1 speaker system with ipod dock ( more expensive )

Good Stereo/ Speakers?




Lilly Gree


My IPod Stereo broke and I am in need of a good one. I just don't know what to choose.

I have an IPod Touch, 4th generation, and the price can't be more than $50. I would also like it to come with a remote, I had that for my last one and it was amazing.

Please help. Thanks!



Answer
I love the Coby CX-CD377 Micro CD Stereo System if you talk about CD playing stereo sound systems, but for a radio it completely loses the contest to many other radio sets and even radio alarm clocks in the market. Nevertheless, since this is a CD player and its stereo is for that purpose, I rate the Coby CX-CD377 a 7 out of 10. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who wants the radio feature more, but for those who want a slick CD player stereo, I would give a two thumbs-up go signal for you to get this.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do you know if you can plug your ipod into the Coby CSP96 300-Watt 5.1-Channel Home Theater Speaker System?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment