Thursday, June 12, 2014

Best 5.1 Speaker system for under £200?




Graham M


I have read many reviews on Logitech Z-5500 praising it on every detail but it is borderlining on my £200 limit. I will be using it for everything, but mainly to enjoy music and Gaming, then Movies. I want to hear everything clearly, bass, midrange, high range, the works, but dont we all =). There are so many speaker systems out there I can never decide. Whats your say on 5.1's for under £200? Thanks!


Answer
The Kenwood KS-5200HT Speaker Package Black is only £87.70 with shipping. http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/pl/92-384631/Speakers/Kenwood-KS-5200HT-Speaker-Package-Black-Compare-Prices

New Car Speaker System?




thomtom


OK, well I have bought my first car and its ICE sounds horrible, I already have a nice HU that i want to keep which can be found here: http://www.inest.co.uk/range.asp?typeid=511

I am also looking at buying the following:

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-sony-xmz-r604_p-23296.htm

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_508417_langId_-1_categoryId_82385

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-infinity-ref-6512i_p-22434.htm



Please could you give some advice on wether I am missing something as im not sure on what im doing.

I have plans to add a Sub at some point but i havn't got the money at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help
PS. If I did set this up would it sound any good in your opinion. (I understand everyone has slightly different tastes)
From advice from below I think I may go with the following AMP but I am worried abut buying a brand im unsure about has anyone had experiance with below?

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/dynamics-s2604-p-5530.html?cadid=c5bba675c26638504935ef0dcd5bd812



Answer
Everything looks good so far, however, look into a different power source for your speakers. Sony makes pretty decent Headunits yet, their amps... SUCK. Choose an amp that more reliable and that puts out more "RMS power" not "maximum/peak power". You want to have more power than necessary so that you don't have to turn your gain level all the way up on the amp. With overpowering, you can turn the gains down. People who do not have adequate power often time try to turn their gains up to compensate for the low volume level... therefore, they usually blow their speakers by trying to make their amp produce what it cant. With the gains up the amp begins to clip/distort and the amp sends this signal to the speakers, which in time causes it to blow.
So, search for a more reliable amp, with a higher "RMS POWER" rating. I usually, use old school amps for my components. I recommend Orion or PPI (before the DEI buyout.) They have great sound quality, very good power output, and they are rated @ 12volts instead of 14.4 volts.

Oh, and have you thought about using a component set up front???

And don't wait too long before adding your sub... the Bass really adds depth to your music. And improves your overall listening experience.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best 5.1 Speaker system for under £200?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment