Saturday, May 31, 2014

surround sound system work with xbox 360?




Jimmy


i have a panasonic hdtv and a surround sound system, the head unit is the dvd player all the wires from the speakers go into the dvd player. I got my xbox 360 to work on the surround sound system with the av cables and a optical cable going into the cables and into the back of the head unit dvd player.


BUT, the xbox 360 graphics look like crap with the av cables, i want to know how i can use my hd cable and be able to use the surround sound system with the xbox 360?



Answer
To all of the people out there to are thinking of buying a home theater in a box, this is exactly why you should stay away from them.

Unfortunately, most of these DVD player surround sound systems are very limited when it comes to inputs. What few external devices it may let you plug in will more than likely not perform very well. The home theaters in a box are inexpensive and easy to set up, but those are the absolute only benefits of them.

I would suggest getting a real surround sound system. Even a cheap one will out-perform most home theater in a box systems.

Here is an inexpensive Yamaha 5.1 receiver that has 4 HDMI inputs and 1 out. It is a good entry level receiver and will out-perform you HTIAB hands down. And at 105 watts per channel, you can power just about any speaker system you have in mind.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=yamaha+5.1+receiver&cid=703894996993444421&ei=KpT4S96lOpjO2ASFv4ysCA&sa=title&ved=0CB8Q8wIwBDgA#p

Here are some Polk Audio speakers for just over $200. Combine these with the receiver and you have a nice, entry level surround sound system for less than $400. And I will guarantee that it will blow away whatever Home Theater In A Box you are currently using.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=5.1+speaker+system&show=dd&cid=16706228061356491218&ei=F5X4S8vgCpK82AT054CbCA&sa=title&ved=0CBkQ8wIwAzgK#p

Can I use my xbox 360 (no hdmi), blu ray, and tv, all through a home theater system's speakers? If so, how?




crocilla


My girlfriend is looking to buy me a home theater system. I would love to use the speakers for my other devices. I already own an hdtv with 2 hi component and 2 hdmi ports, and 1 optical port in the back. The xbox 360 has no hdmi port built in and has the optical out, the blu ray player has an hdmi and optical out I think. The home theater system I was looking at a Samsung - 1000W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System with Upconvert DVD Player. Am I gonna have to switch wires around everytime I wanna use my xbox or blu ray player? Am I getting the wrong device? Or do I need a theater system with a receiver?


Answer
A home theater in a box HTIB is the worst thing you could possibly purchase. They usually have only one component input and sometimes no HDMI. Yes, you will have to unplug and plug in different units everytime you want to switch between sources.

You need a nice receiver to handle all of those components like a Yamaha, Onkyo or even a high end Sony/Kenwood. Then you buy the speakers individually from a tech store and hook them up yourself. I bought a nice set of Infinity 5.1 surround speakers from Crutchfield and hooked them up to my system in 30 minutes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: surround sound system work with xbox 360?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment