Monday, May 26, 2014

i have speakers system installed in my house (in ceiling) i want a home theater system?

Q. i found some at walmart that are all home theater system . are those the type i need for what i have at home? will they go thru my speakers in the entire house or what do i need for that? i dont want to by and have it not work or be just for watching tv and movies and they come with their own speakers. i already have speakers built in so i need it to work for that. help ! thanks


Answer
What you need is a receiver, to power the current speakers already installed in the ceiling. Products are Wal-mart are low quality (home theater in a box), and are now very flexible for any addition of other equipment. For home theater surround sound, you should have at less 5 speakers in the ceiling, 2 front, 1 center, and 2 rear surround and a subwoofer on the floor. Look at Pioneer, Pioneer Elite, Onkyo, Denon and Yamaha receivers. Go online to Home Theater magazine and read the reviews on receivers. Hope this will help you out.

Whole House Speaker System. What unit to use?




Greg


I know I posted a question regarding whole house speaker systems earlier, but I have alot more information now about what I want to do- so started a new question.
Anyways-
My house is being built, and I want a speaker system throughout the whole house. Only need one source, and 6 zones (preferably 9, but I'm not finding too many options on more than 6 zones). Each zone would have 2 speakers. I'm going to need volume controls in the walls as well. I want each room to have the ability to control it's volume or turn the speakers off. I have more than enough cat5, 18ga speaker wire, and even rg6 (for rca wire) to run throughout the house, so wiring is not a problem.
All I want is for each 6 rooms, a volume control and 2 speakers on the ceiling, that will all recieve source from my computer (no need for anything else).
So I'm pretty much looking for advice on what kind of amplifier I am going to need, and what kind of volume switches I am going to need. I've been looking around at different types on the internet and have found a bunch of kits where run speakers to the unit then run cat5 to the wall switches, but these are all multi-source units and seem more complex than what I am looking for. I'm thinking that what I'm needing is alot simpler than these units.
If anyone has any recommendations on what kind of amp I should use and how I can incorperate a volume switch per room into this design, using the least costly way (although I don't want something so cheap that it sounds like crap).
Thanks!



Answer
Volume controls:

http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/volume-controls.html

Sorry, none of the good multichannel amplifiers are cheap:

http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/htsisozoam.html

you will need two of those or one of these:

http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/mds6a.html

If you need to save money, a 70 volt distributed system would work well but the sound quality is not as good as a regular amplifier and speakers.

http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/pb12cosepaam.html

http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/co70vsp.html

These are the types of systems they install for background music and voice paging in commercial buildings. If you get good 70 volt speakers, the sound quality can be quite good. The wiring is easier than a regular amplifier. There is one speaker output and the single speaker wire runs from the amp to the first speaker then to the second speaker and so on. You can have volume controls too for each room.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: i have speakers system installed in my house (in ceiling) i want a home theater system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment