Sunday, February 16, 2014

Speaker Setup in trouble need suggestions?




jake


My fraternity house is need of new speaker system for our basement. Our basement dance floor area is about 20x20. Our current speakers are four EV 8ohms 200 watt sx100+'s

they are great speakers, but are very old. One blew out last year, and I have a feeling another is about to blow. I looked up the re cone price, and I think it's going to be around 100 bucks. What should we do? Re cone / trade in / get a whole new setup? Not sure about the budget yet, but we wouldnt like spending more than 300 bucks. We are currently running from a QSc pro amp 2450.

Also have a regular 2 channel Radioshack sound board



Answer
$300 isn't going to get you very far with a new system. In my book, that won't buy 1 good speaker.

The EV speakers you have are pretty good...you would just be replacing them total crap with a $300 budget.

Do the recone and buy yourself a new board.

Which Speakers For My Church?




H-C-W


I have been offered 4 speaker types and I wand to find out which is the best one in terms of audio and reliability for our church.

Option 1: QSC ADS82 speakers
Option 2: Deltec CX12 speakers
Option 3: Turbosound TCS-121 speakers
Option 4: Martin Audio AQ12 speakers

Would like to know as much as possible opinions on these please. Thank you
12 hours ago - 4 days left to answer.



Answer
HCW - I will try to answer your question.

I have been putting together church sound systems for over 20 years.

You really need to download the PDF specifications for each speaker and look over them. I found the QSC, Turbosound and Martin here:

http://www.martin-audio.com/products/datasheets/AQ12datasheet.pdf

http://www.lexon.net/pdf/turbosound_tcs121c.pdf

http://www.qscaudio.com/pdfs/Specifications/AD_S82_spec.pdf

The Turbosound and Martin are pretty much the same speaker. You could go with either one.

I could not find a Deltec speaker or company anywhere.

Another great 12 inch speaker to consider is the JBL AC2122-95:

http://www.jblpro.com/catalog/general/Product.aspx?PId=164&MId=2

I installed four of these in my church and they look and sound great!

The QSC is not even close to the other two options. It is a great speaker but I would stick with a 12 inch speaker like the other two. It cannot handle as much power and it has a small 8 inch driver. The QSC will not have much bass.

Other than that my only other advice is to be very careful if you plan to hang these speakers from the ceiling. You really need to do this right becuase a heavy speaker could be deadly if it fell. Both the Turbosound and Martin have hardened hang points for suspending them from the ceiling.

If you have any other questions, let me know. My e-mail is in my profile. Just click on "Daniel K".




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Speaker Setup in trouble need suggestions?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment