Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Car audio 6 1/2 speaker component system 6 x 9??




mj_white1


OK I'm adding to my system...

I already have 2 Kicker 12" subs that are pretty loud and drown out my factory speakers so I'm thinking about putting in aftermarket speakers

I am looking at many brands and don't know if I should go with a component system or just replace the 6 1/2s...

My car has tweeters already so should I replace them and the 6 1/2s...Would the aftermarket tweeters sound that much better??

Also My 6 x 9s are located just above my subs near the trunk...Would they make that much difference at all or would the subs drown them out too...Would I even be able to hear them in the front seat??

Info...
Subs= 750 RMS watts a piece
6 1/2s and 6x9s are 100 RMS watts a piece

Options

6 1/2 component system
6 1/2s
6 x 9s

Also would running them off the deck be sufficient (it would be 18 watts RMS x 4 RMS) where I could buy a 4 channel amp and run them at 75 RMS or up to 90-95 RMS

Thanks A lot...Suggestions



Answer
just buy new 6.5 and new tweeters components and install them into stock location, for better result get an amp and amp them, and best result would be to get the tweeters as close to the 6.5 as possible and amp.

i wouldnt worry about the speakers in the back of the car. when you go to a concert where is the noise coming from "the front", but if you want, get 6x9 coax's and get a 4 channel to run them and the front speaks

Is an external amp necessary when installing a component speaker system, and how does dB sensitivity affect it?




benztech79


I have a 2009 Subaru Legacy with Harmon Kardon sound system....looking to upgrade while maintaining factory look. The Harmon Kardon system does have an amplifier, but no sure of it's output to any/all channels.


Answer
The Harmon system is designed for specific low impedance speakers, so will it is possible to just swap out the speakers and use the factory amps, your volume is going to drop significantly. Your best bet is to leave the amps in place and just use Hi/Lo's coming from the factory amps to feed signal to an aftermarket 4-ch, or to remove the system entirely.

** I'm about 90% positive that the H/K system Headunit wont work if you remove the amps, it just reads error, and wont do anything else. So it's pretty much leave it all, or remove it all.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Car audio 6 1/2 speaker component system 6 x 9??
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment