Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hooking up a surround sound speaker system to gaming consoles.?

Q. I'm trying to hook up my Creative Inspire T6100 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System to my Ps3, xbox 360, wii etc, I'll use my Ps3 as an example I have the PlayStation 3 Component AV Cable, the video cables are hooked up to a Samsung T200HD 20-inch Touch of Color LCD HDTV Widescreen Monitor and the two audio cables hooked up to the 5.1 Game Console Adapter Convert Rca Plugs To A Single 1/8 and the three "jacks" (Not sure what to call them.) are plugged into the speaker system. It's not working, what am I doing wrong here? Do I need an optical or an hdmi cable? And do I also need a home theater receiver, if so what brand/model? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


Answer
You don't need a home theater receiver as your speaker system has an amplifier built in. If your speaker system has an optical or HDMI input, use that to connect the PS3 to the speaker system.

HDTV audio input broken?




Idioteque1


I have my PC hooked up to my Samsung LN-T4065F as the monitor, but I hear no audio from the PC though the TV speakers. My PC sound card is functioning properly because I hear audio directly from the PC when I use headphones. I have the Y audio cable (completely separate from my DVI to HDMI video cable) hooked up from the audio output on the PC to the AV audio input on the HDTV. Moreover, the TV speakers function when I watch TV. However, I still don't hear sound. Even when I tried the DVI IN (HDMI 1) input on the TV, based on advice from Samsung, it didn't work. The level-2 technician at Samsung insisted that the inputs on the TV must be broken. Is this the case, or is there some other TV setting that I can change to make it work? I'm afraid that the my recent move might have damaged it, but it seems weird that only those couple of inputs would be damaged.


Answer
It definitely isnt your inputs. If its anything it would be the cables. I have mine set up the same way except that i run my sound to a speaker system, not my tv. You cant run the sound through your tv if your using the DVI out of your VIdeo card into the HDMI on your tv unless your sound card ran through the same cable ( which is virtually impossible because i dont know of any video cards that run sound). The only thing that runs when you have your tv set to the HDMI it runs everything off of that one port because HDMI is made to carry both picture and sound, such as a playstation hooked up through HDMI, you dont need sound cables. Your only solution is to get a speaker system to hook up to your computer. And that guy you talked to should be fired. good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Hooking up a surround sound speaker system to gaming consoles.?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment