Friday, January 24, 2014

What is the best speaker system for iPod 4th generation?

speaker system reviews ipod
 on review creative ziisound d5 ipod iphone bluetooth speaker system 05
speaker system reviews ipod image



Hypnotiq


I'm dying to buy a speaker system for my iPod but I don't know which ones are any good. and they're all SO expensive. Anyone have a good one or do you know of any really BAD ones that i should stay away from (lol) thanks!!!!


Answer
Klipsch are a great choice if you have the budget. I have a JBL On Tour speaker for travelling, great sound, small size, run on AAA bateries. For my room I use an iHome, which includes an alarm clock, remote control, sleep, etc.
In www.ilounge.com you can find reviews and ratings for almost all iPod accesories on the market. I use it for deciding my new accesories purchases and had done great choices so far.

When choosing speakers for a home theatre system, is it better to buy same brand or mix different brands?




Andrew


I am looking to build a fairly expensive entertainment system for around $1500-$2000. I bought a little Sony DAV-DZ170 entertainment system in a box for $200 a couple months ago and It is time to step it up, but I need some help from all you audio experts out there. Anyone who can offer experience in any way would be gladly appreciated.

I will start by saying that I am pretty big into reviews, especially on Amazon. I wont even consider buying something that has less than 4 1/2 stars so the following equipment was chosen based solely on the 5 star reviews they have each received in their speaker category. The system I am looking at now comprises of:
Polk Audio PSW505 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer - $230 (5 Star Review w/ 702 Reviews)
Cerwin Vega VE5M Surround Speakers - $130 (5 Star Review w/ 23 Reviews)
Infinity Primus PC351 Center Channel Speaker - $200 (5 Star Review w/ 46 Reviews)
Martin Logan Motion 10 Floorstanding Speaker - $200 (5 Star Review w/ 16 Reviews)
Sony STR-DN840 1050-Watt A/V Receiver - $450 (5 Star Review w/ 3 Reviews)

I know that reviews aren't everything and that each speaker will sound amazing with its own signature qualities, but I do not want the combined sound to be disjointed with some speakers sounding to bright and others having a creamier delivery. I want my speakers to blend together into one delicious sound that will give those clean, crisp highs, those effortless mids, and those body shaking lows. Would i be better off to stick with one brand of speakers or take the best of different brands and see what happens? I would love to hear each speaker so I can decide with my own ears but obviously that is not possible with the local best buy carrying a pretty limited selection.

Tell me your favorite speaker you've ever bought. Not just the speaker that "Sounded great for the money". Or that sounded great until you upgraded to a different speaker. I want to know the speakers that you would buy over and over again because you have never heard another speaker that you liked better. Those are the the ones I am looking for. Thank you.



Answer
It is a horrible idea to mix different makes and models into your speaker array. If the sounds move from speaker to speaker you do not want them to tone-shift. The sound engineers who create the soundtracks assume you have 5 nearly identical speakers and they program sounds following this assumption.

Many good companies sell 5-speaker sets. The one difference is the Center speaker is usually in a MTM configuration (Midrange-Tweeter-Midrange). This is because the center speaker often contains most of the dialog and they want to 'fan' the sounds to a row of people sitting next to each other on a couch.

I like Amazon reviews as well - but ... you have to realize something.

Some people come from a music perspective. Many things are different with a movie soundtrack so it is almost better to treat Music systems and Movie systems as separate things.

Most of the "flame wars" I have seen where people argue about speakers or amps can be explained when one guy admits he listens mainly to music and the other guy mainly watches movies.

While I also read Amazon reviews - you have to take them with a grain-of-salt. I prefer the reviews in "Home Theater Magazine", Stereo Review, Widescreen Review. With Amazon - you never know if you are reading the review of a 15-year old who subsists on a steady diet of hip-hop or loved some speakers because they made his emo music ... depressing.

SPEAKER RULES

As you shop/consider/listen - remember this:

"Music is about accuracy. Home Theater is about impact".

We have seen where properly placed a budget-but-matched speaker system with a good subwoofer in the corner can give you a great movie experience. You do NOT have to buy the same brand subwoofer as the speakers. In fact - many of the great subwoofer companies did not start out making ordinary speakers.

SUBWOOFER

Look into SVS Woofers and HSU Research. These are mainly internet brands but are well respected and a great value. I own a SVS and it never fails to impress. The Bass is a physical presence in the room. My tower speakers have built-in powered subs, but they are turned off in favor of the single SVS sub near a corner.

For a home theater system - I suggest you anchor the speakers with a subwoofer first. (I know - "bass ackwards", but it works).

SPEAKERS

Look for speakers from companies that make speakers as their main business. Polk, Definitive, Boston, Energy, Atlantic Technology, B&W, etc

RECEIVER

Sony ... has gone downhill a lot. If the Receiver is not the "ES" series, avoid Sony.

Look into Denon, Yamaha and even Pioneer.

Onkyo won "Receiver of the Year" for two years running a few years ago. They cut back on power, but shoved Auto Calibration, Extra HDMI jacks, iPod and Sat Radio integration and other "bells" into receivers that started about $300. This forced the bigger companies to drop prices to compete. Receivers that were $800 years ago are now $400 thanks to this. They are considered a great value.

Personally: I like the RX-V series of receivers from Yamaha. Every one I ever bought (including ones that went to collage and returned with daughters) is still working. Thats 4 at last count.

MORE ADVICE:

You are shopping for a brand of beer or ice-cream you have to live with for 10 years. Take time to research, learn, then buy what sounds best to you for your budget and do not look back.

One over-looked part of this hobby is "Anticipation". Go grab some Home Theater magazines, look back at the end/start of the year for the "recommended" and "best of the year" articles. Give yourself 1-3 months to study, audition and learn so you make the best purchase for your budget.

Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best speaker system for iPod 4th generation?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment