Saturday, January 25, 2014

Connect speaker bar to television wirelessly?

wireless speaker system kit
 on Alarms - NESS R16 Wireless kit inc Radio PIRs & Radio keys - Order ...
wireless speaker system kit image



Steve


I have a vizio speaker bar that I want to place across the room from my TV without running any kind of wire between the two. Both my TV and speaker bar have the standard RCA inputs, and most wireless speaker kits require a speaker wire output from the TV. Are there any wireless speaker kits that use RCA only and no speaker wire?
OK I guess my real question should be this:

I have a soundbar and TV on opposite sides of the room. The TV is plasma with most outputs except speaker wire. The soundbar has RCA red and white cables. How can I connect the two without running a cable from one to the other?



Answer
You can use a A/V transmitter & receiver set.

There are the Home FM transmitter & receiver, but the 2.4ghz system has a better range and clarity.
There are transmitter and receiver set that uses only audio signals, and there are sets that uses both audio and video. You can use either one. Just connect the audio signals.

Connect the transmitter to the audio out of TV, using red and white RCA connection.
Then connect the receiver to the audio in of the soundbar. You will still need to connect both transmitter and receiver to a power adaptor.

High end soundbar will have optical input. But the most common and typical connection will be the rca composite connection. I have not seen an AV transmitter/receiver set that uses optical connection. I have seen some that uses HDMI connection, but this will not work on your application.

And Just FYI, Sound bars typically have a built in amplifier. They were designed that way so there is no need for a stand alone amplifer/receiver.

Is there a way to make a speaker system wireless?




By the Way


I have a 5.1 home theater system that is not wireless, but I don't want the wires to show... is there some kind of adapter I could use to make my speakers wireless instead of having wires going all over the place all over my living room?
If this isn't possible, then any other tips to make the wires look as classy as possible are appreciated. =)



Answer
There are "wireless" speaker kits that you can use to make rear speakers wireless, but you still need to plug those "wireless speakers" into a base station(which, just so happens, must be plugged into an outlet).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8275528&st=wireless+speaker+kt&type=product&id=1171058476489

If this doesn't seem like you cup of tea, than I would suggest concealing the wires in the edges of your carpet or in crown molding.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Connect speaker bar to television wirelessly?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment