Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Is there a way to keep my stereo running longer after my engine is turned off?

best speaker system for motorcycle
 on ... Equipment on Best Motorcycle Stereo Best Motorcycle Sound Systems
best speaker system for motorcycle image



Jantzen


Im looking for a way to up the time that it takes for my battery to go dead after I have turned my boat engine off while listening to my after market stereo system. My amp is a 2 channel 240 watt or 140 watt rns amp with 5A current consumption and 10 ohm resistance that runs on 12 volts. I also have 6 speakers running on the amp for a total of 90 watts rns per channel (or the possibility of running that much) and a total resistance of 1 ohm and a 180 watt rns total. Each speaker has a 30 watt rns and a 4 ohm resistance and im running three in parallel on one channel and three parallel on the other (just for more info). I know i could go buy a better battery like the Optima Blue Tops but I dont want to spend that much money. I also think that using a capacitor wouldnt help either because it would shoot to many volts into the amp when the battery did die, but still a possibility. Is there any other way that I could make my stereo play longer in my boat without breaking the bank? The hell with it tell me something even if it would break the bank


Answer
An additional battery and an isolator would be your best bet. Even if it was just a lawnmower or motorcycle battery for now. That way, even if the battery supplying the music did go dead at least you'd still be able to start the boat and keep the oars dry.

How to get a horse ready for their first parade? (Desensitizing tips)?




Sidney


Should i bring a older more experienced buddy horse along with my younger horse? He would have to stay in the trailer, but would it help to bring him along? How can i help her to stay calm? How can i desensitize her to sirens and lot of noise and people? I dont get many chances to take her to shows, parades, etc for exposure. My uncle has this speaker thingy on his truck where you can talk into it and a button makes this loud noise. Would this help?


Answer
There is some limited value to desensitizing, but there are many more monsters out in the world and especially at a parade, than you could possibly expose a horse to before hand. Sure, use your uncle's bullhorn or PA system, but don't stop there.

Focus on improving your relationship with this filly. Her trust in you as her friend and a worthy leader is going to take you a lot farther and safer than any amount of exposure to the things you can think of that she might be startled by. The horses that I've started and trained have never done more than a spook-in-place before checking in with me on the next move. It's the difference between being startled and making a terrified escape.

Take her for walks in hand down the busiest street you have access to. Ask friends to drive past and blow their horns, preferably in front of you at first. Walk up to the nearest fire station, and chat with the firemen. Explain that you want to teach your horse that she's safe in your company, regardless of the scary things you might encounter together. Ask if they'll sound their siren if they happen to drive past you and her. Don't expose her to the siren while standing on the smooth pavement of the firehouse driveway - she's probably already uncertain about that big cave with the monster machines in it, and her footing won't be good if she jumps or starts to try to leave.

Hit the metal signs as you walk along. Kick the cans and plastic trash you see. Ask friends to bring their dogs, baby carriages (don't know why, but they are mighty scary to my horses at first!), bicycles, motorcycles, umbrellas, backpacks (What's wrong with that creature with the big ugly hump on its back?) - just show her things and show her that it's all OK because she's with you.

Will you be riding alone in the parade? Can you join some other riders, or ride behind them? Can a friend ride their or your good old horse next to you? Talk to whoever is riding near you and ask if their horse will be a good mentor for your girl.

Most of all, keep yourself calm and centered. If your horse feels worried, remember to breathe deeply and reassure her in every way. If she knows lateral moves, practice some of them before the parade and when you feel her getting upset - redirect her nervous energy. It looks fancy, too, if your horse will sidepass or leg-yield or half pass in front of the judges' stand.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there a way to keep my stereo running longer after my engine is turned off?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment