Friday, January 24, 2014

How do I hook up my surround sound speakers to my HD/Flatscreen TV?

best virtual surround sound speaker system
 on Harman Kardon SB 30 5.1 Speaker System - 330 W RMS - Wireless Speaker ...
best virtual surround sound speaker system image



Purely Awe


I think having surround sound is very complicated, so I'll just say it this way(to be more specific and more understandable): my surround sound speakers are correctly connected to a 'box' that can play Blu-Ray and DVD. Now, my question is, how can I watch NORMAL television shows WITH surround sound speakers being used instead of normal speakers of my TV.

If you guys still don't understand, I can give more details. Thank you.



Answer
Well I see there has been a few answers here already, but none of them seem to answer your question properly.

When it comes to something like this, the more details you can supply the better. I have no idea what inputs you have available on your TV or your Blu-ray player, but I will tell you what you need to do.

The easiest way you can do this is get 2 standard RCA cables (any color) and hook them up in the back of your TV to your "audio out" jacks. This should be just 2 RCA jacks separate from the other jacks somewhere on the the back. After you find those jacks and hook up your RCA cord, on the back of your Blu-ray player locate 2 RCA jacks that say "AUX in" or "audio in". These will be the jacks that will let you play your TV's sound through your receiver.

After you got those hooked up, look on your Blu-ray player to change the source (what inputs your system currently plays) to AUX or auxiliary. Auxiliary jack is just an input for other types of media such as mp3, computer, etc. After you switch to AUX on your Blu-ray player you should be all set and should hear sound from your cable channels when you turn it up. Also I would like to point out that you will probably not receive full 5.1 surround sound any way you approach this. The reasoning is that not many things play in surround sound to start off with, mostly just movies. Most audio receivers have some sort of virtual surround sound to give you a surround sound feel though.

The other way to go about this is by using HDMI or optical inputs. It's pretty much the same process and I am not sure if you have those inputs on your Blu-ray player, so we can leave those for now.

Hope this helped. If you need more help or have more questions feel free to add additional details.

What is the best surround sound system for $100 or below?




Brett


I have a 46 inch Magnavox that I would like to purchase a surround sound system for. My budget is 100 dollars and any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Thanks!



Answer
this one is the best sound system.

LG HT304SU 5.1 ch DVD Home Cinema System
Technical Details
- 300W of sound, through 5 speakers and a sub-woofer
- Play DVD's and upscale them to 1080P for improved picture quality
- 10.1 Virtual Sound Matrix (V.S.M) for 10.1 virtual surround sound
- USB ripping - copy music to a USB compatible MP3 player direct
- Playback DivX movie files




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do I hook up my surround sound speakers to my HD/Flatscreen TV?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment