Sunday, November 24, 2013

when playing a DVD i get a louder buzz when there is a lot of white or lighter color on the screen. Fix?

speaker system buzzing
 on If your car speaker are making a buzzing noise, when you play music ...
speaker system buzzing image



Ol' Ray


the TV is a 30" Toshiba Hi-Def and a Pioneer DVD player. The hum or buzz gets loud if there is a lot of white in the picture, and also if there is a lot of light blue or other light colors. I have a Durabrand theater speaker system, but the noise is there even if we're not using those spakers.


Answer
Are you using the composite (yellow) video input on the TV? If so, the video is getting into the audio signals. I had a TV do that because one of the circuits was going bad. Try just unplugging the video connection at the TV. If the noise goes away, then it is the video causing the problem.

With HD, you should use >>component<< (red/green/blue) inputs with proper cables for the video and you'll still need the red/white audio connections as well. The picture will be much better and have much better isolation from the audio signals.

Better still would be the HDMI connection, but not all players have those, and some aren't compatible. Easiest thing to do would be to go with the component inputs on the TV.

Also, make sure the TV and player are plugged into the same wall outlet. Sometimes using different wall outlets can cause problems.

How do I connect my laptop to external self powered speakers?




Tschuler


I am trying to connect my laptop to some external logitech self powered speakers. I'm runing a standard minijack audio cord from my laptops headphone out to my external speaker systems audio input in and as soon as I plug it in I hear a loud buzzing noise comeing from all speakers.
Do I need to change a setting from digital to analog or buy a converter? or what?



Answer
the minijacks are either not proper connected, the cord is broken or the jacks have no clean contacts. i've noticed the same sometimes on my laptop speakers, but after deconnect and reconnect the jacks the buzzing noise disappeared.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: when playing a DVD i get a louder buzz when there is a lot of white or lighter color on the screen. Fix?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment