Sunday, November 24, 2013

is there a way to add a subwoofer to the bose companion 5 PC speaker system?

best pc speaker system with subwoofer
 on Logitech Z-4 2.1 Speaker System with Subwoofer | Best Desktop Speakers
best pc speaker system with subwoofer image



marcusmass


the sub on the bose companion 5 just isnt pounding hard enough for me. is there a way to add another subwoofer to this system?

please dont just respond with "no", if the answer is no, please explain why.

thanks.



Answer
Like the other answerer said, Bose systems are all locked together. I have the Companion 5 system as well, and the only solution is to turn the volume of the Sub up, and possibly use a computer program to enhance Bass output. Other than that, nothing to do.

All of the control for the speakers is built into the subwoofer, the amp, the volume control, the signal processor, everything is built into the subwoofer. This is mainly done for practicality's sake, to make it easier to set up.

To be 100% honest, if I were to go back in time, I would not buy this system again simply because of this. I bought it 2 years ago without thinking too far ahead. But, It does the job well for a computer system.

Where can I find a PC headphone amplifier like this?




GeneParmes


I need gain or volume boost and treble and bass controls. Don't need pro audio quality. I transcribe recorded spoken voice files, and sometimes the sound quality is bad. I used to have a pair of small speakers with a subwoofer, and I plugged my headphones into one of the speakers that had volume and treble and bass controls, but the speaker system broke. I'd like to maybe get a headphone amp that does the same thing rather than get a whole new speaker system (unless new speakers would be cheaper). Thanks.
Thanks for the recommendations, Andy. I'm okay with my headphones. The original source of what I transcribe is a phone, and some of what I transcribe is dictated on a cell phone in a car or maybe on a speaker phone 10 feet away or on a just plain crappy phone that sounds like there's a blanket over the phone. The quickest and easiest thing for me to do in these cases is just turn up the volume a little and roll off the bass and turn up the treble. I need quick and easy (and inexpensive).



Answer
If transcribing audio, although you don't have to invest hundreds of dollars, you probably need more than the $10 toys.
http://www.beachcamera.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=FIIOE11
There is the cheaper and more expensive FiiO's and Beach is selling them at a decent price.
You also do need a decent set of headphones that are both comfortable and really clear on the mid-range sounds. I don't think treble and bass are key unless to turn them down.
You could add in a software audio equalizer.
I won't dig into them now, but browse through Nonags.com for freeware and see what you come up with.

As to headphones, you need to decide whether sound isolation is important. The open-back design sometimes does a lot better in the sound, but does leak out and in to neighboring people and environmental sounds.
Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones at about $160 - maximum isolation and ultimate comfort these rate amound the best at the under $200 in any review.
Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones with CCAW Voice Coil at under $70 - probably too high on the bass, but these headphones make all sounds loud.
Creative Aurvana Live! at about $60 - build quality is not as good as others, and bass a bit weak, but the sound reproduction in the midrange seems to be right-on and price a value.
Grado Prestige Series SR80i at about $100 - Some find the pads uncomfortable and it leaks sound as an open-back, but the audio is full and crisp.

I think a lot of the sound quality will be in your headphone choice more than anything else, but laptops and even desktop pc's just don't have the best audio amplifying. In a desktop PC, you can invest in an over $60 sound card that would boost quality and you should look into reviews if that is where you are at. They often come with equalizer software.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: is there a way to add a subwoofer to the bose companion 5 PC speaker system?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment