Monday, November 25, 2013

What is the best, most minimal tv I can buy?

speaker system ratings
 on ... That's the Name of that Tune! | Car Reviews and news at CarReview.com
speaker system ratings image



The Fatal


I want a tv with no extra features. I want it to be a large display, and a good quality display, but I don't want to pay for features I'm not going to use. I have a huge speaker system, so I don't want to pay for internal speakers. I have external "Smart-like" devices, so I don't want smart tv features that will just make using devices I have harder since I will have to bypass the built-in features, and add a boot time to my TV.

3d would be cool, but not make-or break.



Answer
3D tends to be included in the higher end models which you dont want.

Look on amazon for Panasonic Plasma televisions in native 720 resolution. These start about $550.

Note that Consumer Reports just came out. The December issue has their ratings of television models and prices. I strongly suggest you go buy a copy and see what they recommend.

How to filter low frequency out of audio signal?




Robert


I heard there are diferent devices for filtering low frequency out of an audio signal so I dont damage my High Frequency Speakers. I have seen some electrical component soldered in place with my High Frequency Speakers. Someone told me that this component does the filtering. Can somebody please tell me what this component is called and where i can get them and what do i have to watch out when buying them. I am building myself a costum speaker system.


Answer
Without going into establishing that your drivers
(speakers) are matched to the characteristics of your enclosures (speaker boxes), you will want to gather a bit of data.
Determine the frequency of your desired crossover point. One freq value for each crosspoint between drivers. Just a woofer and a tweet would need 1 crosspoint. A low, a mid, and a tweet needs 2 cross points, etc.
Now what is the max power the enclosure will be handling, and this tells you the power handling (wattage) capability requirement, for the crossover components.
Next - you must know the nominal or marked impedance of each driver. Like 16 or 8 or 4 ohms. Some drivers may have odd impedance. You could still calculate.
There may be a commercially available crossover, of needed ratings, that is already assembled and is installed by making the proper connections to the drivers, and from the box input terminals, to the crossover.
One could homebrew their own crossover. Do a search on crossover design and you can obtain formulas, in simple algebra, to calculate and then purchase your own raw components to build.
There are first order filters - ie: 6 dB per octave slope crossover - which if you have a capacitor connected in series with your tweeter and nothing else, that is a 6 dB/oct cross. This would perhaps be a value of 5 uF or many other values of capacitance, to block lower frequencies because the capacitor shows a increasing reactance or "resistance" to lower freqs and less "resistance" to higher ones, thus the "lows" have negligible effect on the tweeter. These capacitors will be non-polarized electrolytic or a mylar or other style capacitors.
A second order crossover has a inductor and capacitor minimum, involved with each driver. This is 12 dB per octave cross and a sharper change between drivers. Third order (18db/oct) filters have more reactive components and other parts, plus a steeper slope.
Read the search findings and they will tell a lot about it.
Cheap components will equal cheap performance and poor reliability. All depends on what you are looking to do. How good do you want it?

G' Day




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best, most minimal tv I can buy?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

1 comment:


  1. Exceptionally decent blog and articles. I am realy extremely glad to visit your blog. Presently I am discovered which I really need. I check your blog ordinary and attempt to take in something from your blog. Much obliged to you and sitting tight for your new post. Best In Wall Subwoofer

    ReplyDelete