Saturday, November 30, 2013

Is there some way of connecting a 5.1 surround sound speaker system to a USB port on my laptop?

best 5 speaker system
 on Best Products of 2010 - Slide 39 - Slideshow from PCMag.com
best 5 speaker system image



Colin


I have a decent 5.1 speaker system for a PC. I no longer use the PC but use a laptop and do not want to buy a new speaker system if there is some device out there which will allow me to run the 5.1 . Yes I am aware that I will only receive sereo from the laptop.


Answer
Not that I'm aware of unless the laptop has a super sound card built in that has the drivers needed to support 5.1. You might want to post this in computer instead of home theater. Too many people think this is where all the geeks hang out, but that is not the case. Try computers.

Bose 5 Companion speaker system benefit from a creative sound card?

Q. Heya,
I just purchased a Bose 5 Companion speaker system, and I was wondering if adding a good quality sound card would enhance the overall sound quality....Even though the speakers connect to the computer via an USB cable. Thanks!


Answer
Yes, upgrading from the motherboard sound chipset to something like the Creative X-Fi audio would greatly improve sound quality. The X-Fi Gamer is even better for 5.1 speakers but costs about $30 more.

I don't think the USB interface matters- the audio sampling is handled by the soundcard before it's sent anywhere, and the creative cards make that signal much clearer.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there some way of connecting a 5.1 surround sound speaker system to a USB port on my laptop?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment