Monday, July 8, 2013

Will my 360 have surround sound if I plug my speaker system into my TV?

speaker system optical
 on Virtual Dj Club Sound System Speaker Digital Laptop 1tb Auctions - Buy ...
speaker system optical image



Light


Or does the speaker system need to be plugged directly into my 360? My 360's connected to my TV via HDMI, if that make a difference.


Answer
Assuming your surround sound has optical input the best connection would be xbox to TV via HDMI and xbox to surround sound via optical cable

How do I hook up the Logitech z-5500 speaker system to directv box?




Jim


I was hoping I could just hook the optical wire from my z-5500 receiver into the directv plus box, and change some setting on directv to get it working, but I'm not finding any optical setting. Anyway, I'm wanting to find some way to hook the Logitech z-5500 speaker system up to directv, Anyone know how I can do this?


Answer
Users Guide:
Audio
Alternate Audio. Some programs have alternate audio tracks available, including other
language tracks. Use this setting to choose your default language track. Some of the
languages listed will not be available for some programs. If the default language you
choose here is not available, the programâs original language is used. When programs
include multiple language tracks, you can select the Alternate Audio icon ( ) in the
channel banner to view available options.
Dolby® Digital. Some programs, including high-definition programs, include Dolby
Digital audio. If you connected your HD DVR to an A/V receiver that supports Dolby
Digital audio (using an Optical Digital Audio cable), you can set your HD DVR to record
and output Dolby Digital audio by default when it is available. You can also switch to
Dolby Digital audio for individual programs that include it by selecting the Dolby Digital
icon ( ) in the channel banner. If you are watching a program with Dolby Digital
audio, you will not hear the HD DVRâs sound effects.

Logitech's website states digital audio compatible with DVD or CD players, PlayStation2, Xbox. Maybe type of PCM stream?
Does your TV have optical out? try there also.
Stay away from RCAs as you'll get it to work prob, but stereo sound.
Good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will my 360 have surround sound if I plug my speaker system into my TV?
Rating: 98% based on 989 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Yukie

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment